What's new

New pdq touchless...

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of rumors and such about this new unit. So what's the deal? Does anyone have anything of value that they are aware of?

kabak

Reaction score
I was able to see one in test side The best build touchfree auto . Fast and loaded with a lot of futures

briteauto

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of anticipation when the G5 was getting unveliled for the first time. I never was that impressed with that machine - I personally have always favored the M5 - if we're talking strictly PDQ equipment. I have talked to many operators and they have indicated the same opinion. The G5's are much more rare in my region, and there is a lot of PDQ equipment around here.

I wonder if the G5 ever took of as they had intended it to. I have no idea how it did on the national scene.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
PDQ rushed the G5 to the marketplace when it was not really ready to go. They were still in field testing when they brought it to the show and sold them before all the bugs were out. I think it was a pretty good machine after they got things straightened out but due to reputation they did not sell as many as expected. It will be interesting to see how their latest machine will do. It looks like they are doing more field testing on it and are making sure it is ready to go when they formally introduce it. I believe someone on the Forum said it will be introduced in October.

kabak

Reaction score
I washed my truck with new laserwash it is totally new machine mix of g5 , tandem ,I was really impress with speed and options .

easywash

Reaction score
New PDQ

Pictures and a more detailed descriptions of the actual machine would be greatly appreciated :)

Hub Scrub would be fantastic.

I have a couple of sites under development but can't get any details from my distributor.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I just got an e-mail last night that they are going to be making the announcement sometime in mid-september. I'm excited to see what kind of options it will have on it. Sounds like its quick which will be good for moving lots of cars. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Etowah

JustClean

Reaction score
I went to a carwash convention last weekend and spoke to a salesperson from PDQ. He didn't want to give anything away, however, he said it would be shown during a show in October. It will not have any hub scrubs and it will be belt driven (no tires anymore). That's all I could get out of him, oh, and when I asked him for a model name he said "just Laserwash"...which I found a bit strange.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
hmm...well it looks like slowly but surely we will finally see what all the fuss has been about.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I just got my e-mail. It appears as though the announcement will be made on September 23. FYI

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
The new WashWorld has also eliminated the tires by going to a belt driven system. They also did away with the festoon cable. I believe they introduced it at the ICA show this past spring. I think it's called a "Razor".

soapy

Reaction score
The ryko overhead unit has been belt driven for about 10 years now. Belt drive is a big improvment IMO.

easywash

Reaction score
I've seen the sales Brochure :)

I was lucky enough to have the Canadian Sales Manager for PDQ by my site last week. I am sworn to secrecy but I can tell you a couple of things (I go permission)

They dryer is on board but the overall machine size is no bigger than a Laserwash 4000

You can rinse and dry at the same time :)

And I should be able to cut up to 2 minutes off my top wash package :)

All in all it looks like a great machine!

kempape

Reaction score
new pdq unit

anyone with any thoughts or comments? ,,,,pdq has 45 min (approx)presentation/video of new machine.....kemp c