What's new

New pay station signs! Thoughts

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the font in white on new one is too hard to read. it should be like the old one, make all font same as old one where it says 'coin return' i like the colors and selector printing on new one. on the old one i can read almost everything without magnifying it. Not so on new one.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
No offense to PNK but, I like the old better. The new one is too busy for my eye.
The credit card logos, fonts and the swoopy arrow read better on the old one.
Without bill acceptors “Bay time only, No Change Given” is unnecessary.
Your logo would look better above the timer.

Maybe rewire your switches to provide a logical product sequence…
OFF
Pre-soak
Tire Clean
Hi-pressure Soap
Foam Brush
Hi-pressure Rinse
Triple Foam Wax
Hi-pressure Wax
Spot Free Rinse
Air Chamois

DavidM

Reaction score
I agree with the suggestions. I would take this opportunity to get the functions in order. Not everyone will use them in order but I think it is useful to have them in a logical order around the dial, as much as possible.

Many designers focus on the overall look but miss the actual function part. It needs to be easy to read and follow. Simplify as much as possible.

David

Starrwash

Reaction score
No offense to PNK but, I like the old better. The new one is too busy for my eye.

OFF
Pre-soak
Tire Clean
Hi-pressure Soap
Foam Brush
Hi-pressure Rinse
Triple Foam Wax
Hi-pressure Wax
Spot Free Rinse
Air Chamois
Thank you so much for the input, all makes perfect sense, I must honestly admit I am intimidated by the 3 stack 12 positions dial. When I replace I simply go wire for wire. The thought of moving wires makes me cringe. But I absolutely agree.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think you guys are making too big of a deal about the font. It plenty easy to read on my desktop, and would be much easier if I were standing in front of the actual box, which will be even larger. I like the "OFF" in an odd color, instead of the red and white "STOP", which causes confusion for CC customers. CC logos should be displayed instead of the printed word. Just lose the "Bay time only, No change given" line altogether.

jack954

Reaction score
i think the bright colors look great!! gives it a more modern, new look

jprb

Reaction score
I like the look of the new one overall, but I agree with Waxman that the font is hard to read. Using all caps is hard to read in most fonts. Try caps and lower case mixed, and maybe a non-shadowed font. Putting the functions in order is a good idea, too. But I'm also intimidated by the rotary switches.

Starrwash

Reaction score

OFF
Pre-soak
Tire Clean
Hi-pressure Soap
Foam Brush
Hi-pressure Rinse
Triple Foam Wax
Hi-pressure Wax
Spot Free Rinse
Air Chamois
Doing this soon appreciate advice

wyatt

Reaction score
My newest decals don't even have a "stop" position it's blank so they really have to think about reading my signage to turn off the cc.

Etowah

sparkey

Reaction score
I would rather have the credit card logo's than the straight font. People don't read anything, but will recognize a visa, or mastercard logo.

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
Other than the font, the new one looks good. Yes the colors are busy but customers like the bright colors as it gives the wash and updated fresh look. The font is hard to read in some spots. If thats the only three cards you accept, then I prefer the card logos over the words. I also prefer the animated looking arrows over the white ones.

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
I like the look of the new one overall, but I agree with Waxman that the font is hard to read. Using all caps is hard to read in most fonts. Try caps and lower case mixed, and maybe a non-shadowed font. Putting the functions in order is a good idea, too. But I'm also intimidated by the rotary switches.
I have always preferred an Arial font as its the most clear to read. I do like the bold new look.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
FYI. Those aren't pay stations. They're meter boxes.