What's new

New owner

metromanhvac

Reaction score
Hello, I am new owner of a self serve 4 bay wash located down south. The wash currently uses a 8 postion rotary switch on the existing meter boxes. I want to make

upgrades to the business , first implementing credit cards in the bays. Looking for advice on what is the best route to go from thee veterans out there. All your help is

appreciated.

Keno

Reaction score
Is everything working correctly? That would be first on my list and raise prices if they are below market after everything works 100%. Followed by nayax for cc and another price increase. We just went through this over the last 1.5 years at 2 washes, 12 total SS bays and 2 touch free autos

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Welcome metroman!

Cryptopay seems to be the best bang for the buck and for the relative simplicity it's hard to beat, although it does require internet service on site.
If you're not familiar with Kleen Rite call and get their catalog. You can get 87% of what you need from them at competitive prices.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post pictures of the site inside and out. Everyone here loves to tell you how to spend your money.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Things I did to resurrect and improve SS. 1. Make sure everything works. 2 Replaced most lights with LEDs. 3. Bill Accepters in Bays. Fist did half the bays and within 3 moths did the rest. Added a separate box from Etowah thinking that if they damaged the box the regular meter box would be unaffected.. Within a few months di the rest of the Bays. That Box later became a great place to mount the Cryptopay swipers . 4. Cryptopay with count up in half the bays. In a couple months did the rest of the bays. Later did half the Vacuums. 5. Did Bonus Time - Addt'l time for $5 cash. Dixmor LED 7 has this functionality. . 6. Made Busiest bays "Superbays." Higher pressure and higher price. 7. Added in Bay Diskin ir Shamees to Superbays,

Burky

Reaction score
Are the boxes large enough to add cash acceptance in the bays? Credit Card is a must. I use cryptopay. For the rotary switch I put in the IDX ps 200, while it was a bit expensive, I am pleased with the results. It was cheaper than new meter boxes if your boxes are large enough to do add cash acceptance. I retrofitted a few of my own vacuum boxes with a 4.5” grinder to add cash acceptance. As I said, I use crypto pay as well but they do lock you into a merchant processor that ends up costing about 1% more from your gross sales, not net. If you could shop around for your own merchant processor you could get lower rates. Once your sales are high enough that 1% starts looking pretty expensive.

metromanhvac

Reaction score
Is everything working correctly? That would be first on my list and raise prices if they are below market after everything works 100%. Followed by nayax for cc and another price increase. We just went through this over the last 1.5 years at 2 washes, 12 total SS bays and 2 touch free autos
Keno, thanks for replying. All 4 bays are up and running now. Currently though, the foam brush and wand are the only features available.

How to I go about adding the hose and gun for the presoak ? Also the rates are $3.50 for 4 minutes for wash. Vacuum is 1.50 for 4 minutes.

Do those sound to be in line for current rates? Lastly , do you need internet for the nayax credit card readers ?

Keno

Reaction score
Keno, thanks for replying. All 4 bays are up and running now. Currently though, the foam brush and wand are the only features available.

How to I go about adding the hose and gun for the presoak ? Also the rates are $3.50 for 4 minutes for wash. Vacuum is 1.50 for 4 minutes.

Do those sound to be in line for current rates? Lastly , do you need internet for the nayax credit card readers ?
Presoak and tire cleaner can be dispensed out of the main wand, which is the way its been done for a long time. Some washes are updating and putting the low pressure functions on a separate foam gun (presoak, tire cleaner, triple foam, low pressure wax). You can search on these forums for some examples of this.

Rates are going to be very specific to your market, I've seen $5 for 5 mins, down to $2 for 5 mins in different parts of the country.

Nayax uses cell for internet, so you get the reliability and up time of the cell network. Each reader has a $8/mo fee, but my overall blended rate is still very reasonable. I prefer the modern, intuitive customer interface of the nayax. And another plus of the nayax is that it functions as its own timer, so no need to replace your current timers to use count up mode (highly recommend count up mode for maximum CC revenue)

Etowah