What's new

New owner/operator

Trkwash

Reaction score
I've recently taken over to wash that's been in the family for several years.

It has some new equipment, wraps and top brushes, older wraps and rockers... but most of the equipment room is pretty old and the conveyor is in need of replacement. Most of my chemicals are utilizing dosatrons and there are solenoids hanging all over the wall. I'm trying to do a hundred percent towel dry I'm currently I'm getting 200 to 300+ cars a day when the weather in the world cooperate. Any tips would be appreciated... Looking like 50k+ for a conveyor and over 10k for a nice injection board... Options?

I've been building rollover truck washes for 30 years and I did car washes way back in the day with Transco if anybody knows them.

Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If Dosatrons are doing the job why spend money on the injection board. Conveyors can have portions welded for repair with new steel until the rot and cost make it uneconomical to continue with that process. I don't know how many Dosatrons you are running or other specifics of your location but you my want to way the alternative cost of Hydrominder Flo Jet system which you can implement a part at a Time as budget and need allows.

buda

Reaction score

It has some new equipment, wraps and top brushes, older wraps and rockers... but most of the equipment room is pretty old and the conveyor is in need of replacement. Most of my chemicals are utilizing dosatrons and there are solenoids hanging all over the wall. I'm trying to do a hundred percent towel dry I'm currently I'm getting 200 to 300+ cars a day when the weather in the world cooperate. Any tips would be appreciated... Looking like 50k+ for a conveyor and over 10k for a nice injection board... Options?

I've been building rollover truck washes for 30 years and I did car washes way back in the day with Transco if anybody knows them.

Thanks!
With labor costs moving to and over $15 an hour why would you want to do a 100% towel dry. The movement in the industry is toward the exterior car wash model. Sure the customer wants the towel dry if they don't have to pay for it. I guarantee you that more customers will go for the lower priced exterior wash than the few that want towel dry and be willing to pay for. Cater to the many, not the few

Dcpagejr

Reaction score

Thanks!
Where are you located?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
What ever happened to Transco? Did Niagara purchase them? I know Zep bought Niagara after a couple of acquisitions.

buda

Reaction score

Thanks!
Give me a call I’m here in Portland and can give you some suggestions
Bud Abraham
buda@detailplus.com
503-816-7304

cyn85

Reaction score
Hello! I work over at Washify, we are a carwash POS system, if you want we can set a demo, so you can look into our system, I can have a rep call you and set a 15 min call? Please let me know! Thanks! 617-741-9929

BenBranam

Reaction score
AutoBrite does a belt replacement for the trolly system that sits right in the trench that is very innovative.
Call me at 210-291-8370 and I can get you pricing. But if it's an easy fix with a welder or a good service company that might be the way to go. If it's completely shot and time to replace it you should look at the new belt systems. They will last longer and require less maintenance for you in the long run.

water guy

Reaction score
AutoBrite does a belt replacement for the trolly system that sits right in the trench that is very innovative.
Call me at 210-291-8370 and I can get you pricing. But if it's an easy fix with a welder or a good service company that might be the way to go. If it's completely shot and time to replace it you should look at the new belt systems. They will last longer and require less maintenance for you in the long run.
Wow Taiwan !! Thats Incredible