What's new

New one for me

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Had this happen to me today. A guy comes around dragging a burning dumpster. Anyone have that happen? I was using my only hose to unclog a drain so I eneded 244678244_4705601256129798_5391575044432642907_n.jpg 245062343_273078688019424_4959666099455819839_n.jpg up turning both bays on and flooding it with water till my employee unstuck my hose. We doused it with water for 15 minnutes till the volunteer fire department showed up.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've heard about things like that, but never someone dragging a burning dumpster. Was he so worried about a burn mark on his lot that he decided to try and burn down your car wash instead?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We did have an experience of a young man who had temporarily moved here from a big city. Coincidentally from specifically Atlanta ... not that I want to put any city in a bad light because of it. Hard to believe ... but he was a laundromat customer for a few months. We mysteriously had a couple of dumpster fires.

After getting a bit acquainted with him & seeing in the local main paper ... that he had been going around town starting a bunch of dumpster fires & was actually successfully prosecuted. If I remember right it seems like the journalist mentioned something about pyromaniac affliction based on the large number of likely fires started by him??? At the time cameras were not good enough at my specific place so ... even though it pointed towards him ... I had no absolute proof in this specific case.

Eric H

Reaction score
Years ago there was an article in the SSCWN about a Carwash that burned down. Guy was driving down the street when he noticed smoke coming from under the hood. He pulled into the Carwash to put it out but had to go to the change machine for quarters. By the time he got back the car was engulfed and soon spread to the entire wash. The SSCWN was supposed to follow the rebuild prot it I don’t remember much about that.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
One Question this guy dragged this dumpster all across your Concrete and Asphalt and scratched it all to hell is that correct also?

MEP001

Reaction score
Years ago there was an article in the SSCWN about a Carwash that burned down. Guy was driving down the street when he noticed smoke coming from under the hood. He pulled into the Carwash to put it out but had to go to the change machine for quarters. By the time he got back the car was engulfed and soon spread to the entire wash. The SSCWN was supposed to follow the rebuild prot it I don’t remember much about that.
Same thing happened to my cousin except it didn't burn the wash down, just melted the PVC pipe with the lines in it for the bays.

OurTown

Reaction score

Was it in Ohio?

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I've heard about things like that, but never someone dragging a burning dumpster. Was he so worried about a burn mark on his lot that he decided to try and burn down your car wash instead?
He was a customer coming in and noticed the dumpster from the pizza place nexr door on fire. It was right next to the propane tank so he wanted to move it away from that to avoid an explosion.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
One Question this guy dragged this dumpster all across your Concrete and Asphalt and scratched it all to hell is that correct also?
Actually didn't damage any of the pavement. When he tied up to it at the low point it kinda lifted it up and only two points touched the ground. Little scratches but my pavement was patchy to begin with.

washnshine

Reaction score
How far away did he drag it from? If he was hell bent on dragging it somewhere, he should have dragged it straight to the fire department- they are better equipped to handle that than a car wash. Some fires need chemical extinguishers instead of water.

Randy

Reaction score
Anyone who drags a burning dumpster into a car wash has got to be one DUMB S@N OF A B!TCH!! Just like this new “American” who can’t read English who sprayed engine de-greaser on his hot engine, it said on the can do not spray on a hot engine. It took less than 20 seconds for the de-greaser to flash into flames then he dropped the can of engine de-greaser into the fire. Then he had the nerve to say that it was our fault that he couldn’t put out the fire because the startup price was too high, he only had .75. What are these people thinking!

Attachments

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
How far away did he drag it from? If he was hell bent on dragging it somewhere, he should have dragged it straight to the fire department- they are better equipped to handle that than a car wash. Some fires need chemical extinguishers instead of water.
He drug it about 100 feet just to get it away from the propane tank. He stopped near my back vacuums and I pointed him to my outer bay>I already had my hose out to clear the drain, but it got stuck pulling it out and the only thing I could think of was dousing it with both the bay lines. So I had him pull into my outer bay and the dumpster was right at the back so both bay hoses could reach it. We had it out before the fire department finally arrived.

Twodose

Reaction score
I would like to know where it was when it caught on fire? It could have been pulled into the street or even in your lot and let it burn while you call 911, makes no sense at all that this person would pull that to a location where it could have possibly caused a fire there.
It wouldn't hurt the dumpster at all to just let it burn, and if that did catch your place on fire, who then would be liable??

washnshine

Reaction score
He drug it about 100 feet just to get it away from the propane tank. He stopped near my back vacuums and I pointed him to my outer bay>I already had my hose out to clear the drain, but it got stuck pulling it out and the only thing I could think of was dousing it with both the bay lines. So I had him pull into my outer bay and the dumpster was right at the back so both bay hoses could reach it. We had it out before the fire department finally arrived.
Glad your place was not damaged.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
He drug it onto my lot and since our fire response time is over 15 minutes, I guided him to drag it just outside one of my bays so I could reach it with three water lines. Maybe it was my old fire fighter response, I just needed to get as much water as possible on that fire.