What's new

New Menus at Wash and C-Store

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The C-Store next to me just installed new pumps and our old signs had to come down due to location, so I'm in the process of redesigning them to a 8" x 10" decal, so my question is being I have two different systems Touch Free and Soft Touch with different functions does it make sense to go full wordage like before or try to simplify it?.

Here's the current menu we had up:

And was considering something along these lines like Fleet Farm has for their menus,

Last edited:

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should for a fleet farm kind of look. It's always good to keep it simple but still informative. Just don't put too much on the menu, just enough so that your customers understand. Hope this helps.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The Fleet Farm menu style didn't go over well with customers the first day we presented it as a "test" at the pumps, they said it was too confusing to understand what the top pkg came with because you have to read up and down from previous pkgs to see what your getting. All we are selling is time and from the facial expressions we saw on customer didn't seem they had time for it. So I made these temporary signs until I can create a new design that will fit in a 8" x 10" decal.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I can't get over how cheap your top package is with a brand new razor $11 is way to cheeeaaapppp but $9 is the cheapest package lol looks very nice though Steve raise the price man get some quicker ROI on that new machine man lol

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Thomas always trying to be someone's pimp, & get em more money! Ha Ha. But $11 kinda cheap for a new Razor...

I'm thinking seriously about $9, $10 & $11 for my new SoftGloss, & highlight my LED light show....

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We are planning on going to $12 BUT we have to bring something to the table to justify raising the price, I'am strongly considering colorwave on my SoftGloss to match the Razor Foam n Flow.

chaz

Reaction score
We are planning on going to $12 BUT we have to bring something to the table to justify raising the price, I'am strongly considering colorwave on my SoftGloss to match the Razor Foam n Flow.
Obviously I don’t know your area....but it sounds like you brought a new machine to the table!!! I think as operators we get too worried about the occasional price adjustment. I offer 4 choices on my TF starting at $8 (no dryer.... designed for pickup trucks) $10, $12, 14

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Obviously I don’t know your area....but it sounds like you brought a new machine to the table!!! I think as operators we get too worried about the occasional price adjustment. I offer 4 choices on my TF starting at $8 (no dryer.... designed for pickup trucks) $10, $12, 14
Do you have a Friction system as well or just a TF?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I wouldnt even blink a eye going to $15 after spending big money on a machine and neither will your customers you got blendco and a razor I wouldnt even blink a eye. I am getting $14 for a old laser 4000. Guys in my area get $15-$16 for touchfree thats like the new standard now. Dont be scared to raise the price its a problem with our industry. Its not fair for us true operators to spend 140k-200k on a new automatic give premium chemicals and give good customer service not to charge. Steve you do a great job at your wash people will pay it

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well here's an update to the redesign I'm doing for my Wash Menus at the C-Store next door what do you think? I do see a few things that need changed such as the font for the menu names in design # 1.

Design # 1

Design # 2

Scrub Free

Reaction score
menu

I like the button look like design 1. My signs are designed too look similar to an android phone. I think that's what many customers relate to today. It makes it easier for them to see it at a glance. Sometimes less info is better. View attachment 1290

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
I also like the bottom wash better, for a customer. I would like the top, personally, but I think the bottom is more idiot proof.
KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Roz

Reaction score
Curious, what is the difference between a Vortex Dry and a Drive Thru Dry? Why would a customer want both?

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Menu

Roz, The ww razor has an option for extended dry so the customers with the top wash are getting the overhead dry (on board dryer). Then the dryer remains on so they can drive through.
Its a nice option the customers seem to like it.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Cool. I have a Razor ver3 (just purchased before they released ver4 - timing was not great as I would have upgraded to the latest ver). We have a separate dryer outside the bay exit door. Looking to see if we can easily add drying time as a buy up for any package.

Last edited:

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Steve, how do you do a contouring dry on your Razor?
Our Ryko dryer comes down and contours the top of the vehicle as they drive thru.

I am also looking at adding Everwash because Mister Car Wash recently built a wash about 3 miles away and most of their customers are using their $23 or $33 a month unlimited wash club. I even had a customer ask me "why would I pay you $11 each time I come here when I can wash for $23 a month and wash each day at Mister Car Wash".

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would go with the picture menu.
You don’t want customers slowing down your line because their reading your menu.
As they say “ A picture is worth a 1,000 words”