What's new

New Marketing Program

bigleo48

Reaction score
So I have a wash with 8SS bays and 1 IBA. The IBA is busy enough but with 8 SS bays, the availability of at least one bay is 99%.

So I want to introduce RFID and time of day specials. But my concern is loading up the IBA that it deters full ticket customers from lining up. So offloading them to after hours seems to be the solution (apart from building another IBA).

I'm sure many of you offer off-peak specials...how well has this worked for you? Do's and don'ts.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin James

Reaction score
RFID is an excellent system, a bit expensive. The marketing possibilities are almost endless. Keep us posted

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Here are some lessons learned from working with carwash operators who decided to reposition their business.

Two of the reasons for success of express format is time has become more important to automatic users than price and price has become more important to wand users than time.

Evidence of this is operators who cannibalized wands for other purposes. Here, we find that average monthly revenue per wand for remaining wands more than doubles.

In all cases, earnings from the new purpose far eclipsed the difference.

The same result is also realized by full-service operators who add an express lane by cannibalizing one of the full-service starting lines (vacuum).

Arguably, it is low price and fast process and less waiting that creates dry wands and in-bays, respectively.

These and other reasons are why I believe many self-service operators stand to gain a lot by having more in-bays fewer wands. Here, RFID would have a better ROI.

Consider a developer who renovated a combination self-service wash, gross $200,000. As express format, gross is $400,000.

The reason for the increase was unmet demand.

In other words, it is the format not the express conveyor or mini-tunnel that satisfies this demand.

So, there is no good reason this demand can’t be satisfied with multiple in-bays, as in many.

Your advantage is a big facility, nine bays.

Food for thought.