What's new

New machine justification

KYwashywash

Reaction score
Have a wash rehabbing for last two years. originally two 2006 ryko soft gloss two self serves original meters. Replaced all meters with new. Replaced one of the soft glosses with WW razor. So I have one more old machine to replace. How do I justify swapping last old machine out. Need A soft touch machine as ours in the country area. Anyone have good input? Great soft touch machine? Wait a year or do now hope for increased revenue? Torn.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Profile is great, but painfully slow. If it was up to me, I'd get an Oasis i5. They are both great machines, i5 is just lots faster,

KYwashywash

Reaction score
Reading online seeing 7 minute washes for profile. That seems crazy long! Thanks guys

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Oasis I5 made it onto the short list when I was looking. It was a little more on the expensive side and the install was going to be a lot of downtime-like 3 weeks IIRC.

I found I had to careful with claimed wash times and actually watch youtube videos. I always felt the true wash time was from the time the customer begins the entry until the next car can enter. Some mfgs exclude all dryer time and undercarriage time in their claimed wash times.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Have a wash rehabbing for last two years. originally two 2006 ryko soft gloss two self serves original meters. Replaced all meters with new. Replaced one of the soft glosses with WW razor. So I have one more old machine to replace. How do I justify swapping last old machine out. Need A soft touch machine as ours in the country area. Anyone have good input? Great soft touch machine? Wait a year or do now hope for increased revenue? Torn.
In my neck of the woods, I only focus on Touchless. I have a number in operation at different locations. I’ve always believed in uniformity among my sites for ease of use with my customers and marketing. My advice is get the same as which you have now if you like em and get it now if you’re on the fence. I’ve never replaced a machine when it’s on its last leg and never have regretted updating. The returns have always increased when I do. Just my opinion.