What's new

new loonies are out

ANDYS

Reaction score
The new loonie are out coin mech does not acept it maybe time to change coin mech going to cost a lot of money

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
How have you been getting by with the SB-2 so far. It seems to me that you would have already had the need for something different, having loonies, twonies, and quarters.

ANDYS

Reaction score
Thanks i have heard icoin are good

Thanks for the reply

SuperClean

Reaction score
I use these ones they are great allot better then idx i switched over a couple years ago and love them they almost never get jammed up.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never used them myself, but I've been told SecureCoin are very reliable and are easy to program. The 5-coin model is $181.99 at Kleen-Rite.

I like IDX myself - with 34 MA-800's in service I average less than one a year that needs repair for some reason, and it's never cost more than $50 to get it fixed. They accept up to six coins. I think I recall someone on this forum saying the X-10 models don't do well with Canadian currency.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Parker-Slugbuster also has a 3 coin version too. The Magikist appears to be 3 coin.

mike
http://www.magikist.com/index.php?pid=4&sec=6000&sub=6010&product=247

At their website it says up to 3 tokens iCoin ... that explains why I stated 3 coin. Apparently I was wrong to assume that meant both tokens & coins. It also seems different part #'s compared to their KleenRite's SecureCoin 5 coin capability listing.

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2033-securecoin-5-coin-acceptor-long-drop.aspx

mike

bigleo48

Reaction score
I also use the Magikist. It is already preprogrammed for Canadian coins (25, loonie, toonie) and has three extras token that can be programmed. I have older ones and they handle the new loonies well and I programmed the new toonies and US quarters as tokens.

I have tried most of the other brands and the Magikist is the best for Canadian applications.

Because of the dollar and two dollar coins, people here don't like the tokens.

ANDYS

Reaction score
Thanks bigleo i have heard there good coin mech maybe i will buy those
you change them yourself ?

MEP001

Reaction score
ANDYS said:
you change them yourself ?
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask...are you concerned that you may not be able to change a coin acceptor on your own?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Andy's,

With many pieces of gear I have worked on, there is a bit of apprehension at taking on something for the first time. Then the apprehension quickly disappears and I get another job done.

Owning your own carwash requires you to fix stuff almost constantly. Changing a coin mech is one of those things that needs attention. What concerns you about this...the mechanical or electrical?

If you currently have electronic coin mechs and need to replace them, it's typically the mounting nuts, the return cup and three wires (+24VAC, Gnd & coin switch)...so not a big deal at all. Have a look at yours and see if its is three wires connected...if there are four, then its a relay type (not likely) and requires a slightly different unit that Magiskist can help you with when ordering.