What's new

New IDX X-12, shame on me

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
If you hear the coin chime when you drop a coin, the coin acceptor is good. I feel like Fragramatics is mistaken and the timer is bad. Do you have another coin acceptor or another fragrance unit to try swapping parts before you buy anything?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Call Kelly at fragramatics and tell her you want a microcoin there cheaper than kleen rite on them. Mep is correct swap a timer and see what happens from another vac

WikiWash

Reaction score
If you hear the coin chime when you drop a coin, the coin acceptor is good. I feel like Fragramatics is mistaken and the timer is bad. Do you have another coin acceptor or another fragrance unit to try swapping parts before you buy anything?
Hey Mep it's been awhile! I thought the same thing as you. They had me disconnect this 3 pole white electrical connector coming off of the coin acceptor that leads to the timer. On the timer side of the connector they had me short out two of the poles/wires and it was registering coins on to the timer. So the tech at Fragramatics said he really thinks its the coin acceptor may be faulty internally, bad wire somewhere, or try reprogramming the acceptor. He said something about its a timing issue with acceptor but wouldn't know for sure unless I sent it in. I found two other coin acceptors in my equipment room, one is a Securecoin and the other is an iCoin. I don't have a spare timer or one similar to the fragramatics timer, maybe my petwash timer is similar, but I'm not sure. I'm going to swap the acceptor out and see what happens, just like you suggested.

Last edited:

WikiWash

Reaction score
Hey Mep it's been awhile! I thought the same thing as you. They had me disconnect this 3 pole white electrical connector coming off of the coin acceptor that leads to the timer. On the timer side of the connector they had me short out two of the poles/wires and it was registering coins on to the timer. So the tech at Fragramatics said he really thinks its the coin acceptor may be faulty internally, bad wire somewhere, or try reprogramming the acceptor. He said something about its a timing issue with acceptor but wouldn't know for sure unless I sent it in. I found two other coin acceptors in my equipment room, one is a Securecoin and the other is an iCoin. I don't have a spare timer or one similar to the fragramatics timer, maybe my petwash timer is similar, but I'm not sure. I'm going to swap the acceptor out and see what happens, just like you suggested.
Update: Swapped out coin acceptor and now the vac works!!! Thanks everyone!

MEP001

Reaction score
That's interesting, must be an issue with the pulse length being too long or short for the timer. Fragramatics people are good.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
That's interesting, must be an issue with the pulse length being too long or short for the timer. Fragramatics people are good.
The pulse length issue has come up relating to coin mech interfacing used in laundromats ... I am curious to know if any or how well the IDX's or other car wash coin mech brands allow for tweaking or choice of various pulse lengths? When I converted our Dryers to $1/qtr coin mechs back in about 2011 I was forced to do a tiny bit of trial & error with various intermediate relays until I found the cheapest Radio Shack relay to be a winner for that specific interface. I might be wrong ... but I am pretty sure "World Drops" are being positioned for a huge windfall of profits in the laundromat industry.