What's new

New ideas from the ICA show anyone?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Chicago is not really a good place for our Show. It costs quite a bit more for vendors to exhibit. Any hotel or motel even remotely close is pricey. Same for the restaurants. I bet if they had a vote by attendees and exhibitors they would never vote for Chicago. I look for even smaller attendance due to these factors in addition to higher air fares. I have no idea why Chicago was selected for the Show. Past Shows there were not well attended and there were many complaints.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Chicago is home for ICA

One obvious reason for the Chicago choice is the management company that serves ICA calls it home. Some say it's self-serving.

Nothing against Chicago. I love it! But it has always been a pricy place for a convention... which is why ICA left it decades ago. It runs a close second to NYC... which is the mother of all pricy convention venues.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I won't be attending the ICA show in Chicago,too expensive.Best shows I've attended were in Nashville and San Antonio where I also spent the most money on equipment.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I won't be attending the ICA show in Chicago,too expensive.Best shows I've attended were in Nashville and San Antonio where I also spent the most money on equipment.
I also spent big money in San Antonio and Nashville. I took the family also. I preferred it when the shows traveled about. I don't do Vegas anymore...tired of it. I'll go to Chicago since I can make it a day trip from home.