What's new

New IBA pricing

wash12

Reaction score
Installing new IBA and need new menu/pricing. Current pricing is $7,$10,$12,$13. Thinking of going $8,$10,$12,$14 or even $10,$12,$14 with new PDQ 360, not a super high volume site about 25 cpd but hopping to get another 10 cpd with new machine. I am also thinking maybe start lower get people using it then increase later don't want to give anyone sticker shock but would love a $10 minimum! Comp in town have $6 wash with free vacs so I got to be careful.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
$10, $12, $14 doesn’t seem unreasonable with new equipment, especially if you’re offering “more” than the competition

washnshine

Reaction score
Installing new IBA and need new menu/pricing. Current pricing is $7,$10,$12,$13. Thinking of going $8,$10,$12,$14 or even $10,$12,$14 with new PDQ 360, not a super high volume site about 25 cpd but hopping to get another 10 cpd with new machine. I am also thinking maybe start lower get people using it then increase later don't want to give anyone sticker shock but would love a $10 minimum! Comp in town have $6 wash with free vacs so I got to be careful.
IMHO If you’re going to raise prices, I’d raise it on all the packages- not just some. It’s brand new equipment and everybody gets the benefit, so every package should have an increase.

Also - if you have the second from the top and top price only $1 off from each other, it will drive the top package sales since $1 gets you from your second best wash to your best wash.

Might not want to start at $10 yet if competition is at $6, but it depends what you are doing on your bottom wash - maybe you have a rocker/wheel spray and dry and your competition doesn’t. It depends what you offer compared to them. Sounds like you have the newest machine though, so that is worth something too.

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my theory is that once the customer pulls a $20 bill out to pay, in their mind that 20 is gone. Whether or not they get some quarters back for change seems fairly inconsequential. I think too many operators fret too much about raising prices. Once I raised all my prices significantly it made the business much more fun for me because there was a little bit more money to pay bills and make improvements. I think making a dollar or two price increase on an automatic wash isn't much of an increase at all. If you're installing brand new equipment, make a good price increase A part of your new business plan.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I think most tunnels in my area have gone to three packages. It speeds the decision process and raises ticket averages. 10,12,15. Or if you worried about local express pricing 8,12,15
I'm thinking the same once my Petit comes. I have 4 now - 7 ( no dryer ), 9, 10 and 12. My average is $11.35 iirc.

I'm thinking of offering a 2 pass, no dryer, sub 3min wash would sell at $8?

I'd like to try something like 10, 12, 14

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
I think most tunnels in my area have gone to three packages. It speeds the decision process and raises ticket averages. 10,12,15. Or if you worried about local express pricing 8,12,15
I am a tunnel guy and happily at 3 menu packages.