What's new

New IBA .....need advice Robowash

Etowah

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
Hello I am looking to replace my old Ryko and I ran across WashDDI' s ROBOWASH. It looks like it washes great, does anyone here have any input on them ? I would appreciate it. I was looking into other manufactures but in speaking with WashDDI I am leaning on going with them. My only reservation is that they are newer to the market. you can also email me at hiltonwashworld at gmail if you dont want to post. I appreciate it. I am newer to the industry and just looking for a little direction it is overwhelming to say the least.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hello I am looking to replace my old Ryko and I ran across WashDDI' s ROBOWASH. It looks like it washes great, does anyone here have any input on them ? I would appreciate it. I was looking into other manufactures but in speaking with WashDDI I am leaning on going with them. My only reservation is that they are newer to the market. you can also email me at hiltonwashworld at gmail if you dont want to post. I appreciate it. I am newer to the industry and just looking for a little direction it is overwhelming to say the least.
How many installations of this equipment have you seen and what do you like about it that is better than the other machines on the market? Do you have a distributor that has installed and serviced several of these? Have you seen one of these in operation after 8 years or 100,000 washes? Have you talked to several operators who have this machine?

jfmoran

Reaction score
Hey Don, where are you located?

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
looks like the same speed as the pdq 360 I was looking at ...... i just hate to bo pigeon homes into the mfg for parts

MEP001

Reaction score
I have many, many questions and strong doubts about this company and its equipment. I thought the video of the machine in action would answer some, but it just raises more. Even if these guys can engineer this erector set machine to work, they clearly know nothing about washing cars.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
If that's what I think it is, aluminum, then forget it. A lot of chemicals in this business do not play well with aluminum

MEP001

Reaction score
If that's what I think it is, aluminum, then forget it. A lot of chemicals in this business do not play well with aluminum
Yes, it's 80/20 framing extrusion. It doesn't make a sturdy machine either, you can see everything move when the high pressure comes on. It may just be their proof of concept for their design and plan to build it out of stainless, but it's been 4 1/2 years and no video of a unit installed.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
Yes, it's 80/20 framing extrusion. It doesn't make a sturdy machine either, you can see everything move when the high pressure comes on. It may just be their proof of concept for their design and plan to build it out of stainless, but it's been 4 1/2 years and no video of a unit installed.

washnshine

Reaction score
Don,

Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse all have very good distributorships of many types of equipment. You can do much better IMHO. You have many quality distributors of many brands about an hour west and east of you,not to mention right in Monroe County. There is also a lot of equipment to check out in those cities and in the Finger Lakes Region.

washnshine

Reaction score
Just watched the video. The way the water/power/air lines on that machine just dangle is absolutely brutal.

MEP001

Reaction score
Just watched the video. The way the water/power/air lines on that machine just dangle is absolutely brutal.
Especially since all the tubing lines are just hanging from the push-to-connect fittings. Really bad idea.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
not a salesman, I am not defending them just trying to help a new company with my business possibly, I read here all the time about people complaining about proprietary parts and distributors I figured I would give this a try. I only have owned my place 1 1/2 yrs and came here for input, I didn't want to put down a business because they are trying, every one of these companies started from some where. I just have a hard time with the prices of these machines we all know they over price them, it would be like when your car broke down you can't fix it but you had to call a mechanic to your house it just doesn't make sense to me. Well after the comments here I will stick to the original plan and go with the PDQ 360. Now I just need to find a used one !!! I appreciate the inout and help this forum has bailed me out a couple of times.......

washnshine

Reaction score
If you are in Rochester , you should contact W.E.T.
I don’t work for them and I don’t sell any equipment, chemicals or associated products. I just own some washes and try to give good advice if I can.