What's new

New Fragramatics bubbler, 24V or 110V?

Etowah

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ive got one of the new style bubblers that I am installing in one of my fragrance machines. I don't have any instructions. The pump has two wires coming out of it, but no label stating the voltage. I know the old style is 110V, but this one has forked terminals like it would connect at the timer. I think I can get either voltage there so I want to know for sure before I let the smoke out. Anybody installed one of these?

MEP001

Reaction score
I would call them to check, but I doubt it would be 24V.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Thanks, Tony. I found the instructions a few minutes ago.
Yeah that's my approach too, only resort to the instructions when all else fails. :)

I called Fragramatics this morning:
Me: I have an older shampoo vac with the bubblers in the front instead of a digital display:
FM: If it's a shampoo vac, it won't have bubblers.
Me: Mine has bubblers. Two of them.
FM: What kind of digital display, a large or small one?
Me: It has no digital display.
FM: Yes it has a digital display, either a lege one or a small one.
Me: I'm standing right here beside it, it has 2 bubblers and no digital display. And the timer is blue with dip switches, not red.
FM: Oh! That is a very old model; I know what you need.

To FM's credit, they quickly identified the timer I needed and got it on the way. I felt like I was in Auto Zone asking for a starter for a 1923 Model T.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Can't say for sure but most air pumps for bubblers can are fish tank air pumps or you can use a fish tnk air pump. They cost half what equip suppliers charge at the pet superstores or the catalog house "Doctors Foster and Smith. Or chuck em all together due to maintenance issues and replace with a chasing 3 ft rope light and controller from novelty lights. com for about $20.00

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
As Earl points out, we use a walmart fish tank bubbler ($8 or 9) and connected together so one runs all three columns. They last about a year to a year and a half.

Ted

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This is a new style bubbler with a single pump for all the colors. I was pretty much done with all the problems associated with them, but Tony convinced me to try the new bubbler set-up. I also talked to Jim Gosnell who had put several in his own machines. He said he has had no problems with them and no leaks. I have had this thing in my garage for about three years and finally got around to rebuilding that machine that has been sitting in there for 6 months. I really like to stay on top of things.

MEP001

Reaction score
I do like Fragramatics in general, but they do charge a mint for things I can get elsewhere. I haven't seen the new bubblers, but they used to charge three times as much for the ones with their little sticker covering the label that I could get at Wal-Mart. I also ordered from them some replacement LED panels for the IDX timer and paid $16 each, later found the same ones from Mouser.com for $5.

The fun one is when you try to ask for help getting the coin chute realigned. I've had a tech practically yell at me "You aren't supposed to adjust it! There's a label in there that says not to adjust it!" So what do you do when the coins are missing the chute and falling into the bottom of the machine? I ended up hanging my digital camera in the machine, setting the timer and closing the door to let it take a pic so I could see which way to move it.

MEP001

Reaction score
The IDX Big Timer has six Kingbright LED panels that can be replaced easily. The segments start to fail after a few years and it eventually becomes unreadable.

I found that you must replace all the panels at once - if you replace just one bad one, it will start to fail in a very short time. I tried to "mix and match" some old and new panels by replacing only the ones with failing segments and it was a costly mistake.