What's new

New Forum "Rules" & Info

pitzerwm

Reaction score
The lawyers are recommending that I post these rules/suggestions, so I am.

The proliferation of chat rooms and forums increases the chances that regulators will find violations or at least
enough ?smoke? to start an investigation. Chat rooms and message forums have inherent problems from an antitrust
prospective. First, they are informal. The informality of the forums and chat rooms and the relative un-sophistication of
users may result in ill-conceived, careless and potentially violative statements, disclosures or proposals. Second, they are
instantaneous. Users may not reflect or think of what they say or post. Third, they disseminate their messages widely.
Fourth, they are not monitored in real-time, although it might be well to have counsel or senior personnel do so
periodically.

It is recommended that the sponsor of the chat room or forum not only publish a disclaimer but also publish rules
for using the site, including a list of DO NOTS:

DO NOT discuss prices, fees or rates, or features that can impact (raise, lower or stabilize) prices such as
discounts, costs, salaries, terms and conditions of sale, warranties, or profit margins.
 DO NOT agree with competitors as to uniform terms of sale, warranties or contract provisions.
 DO NOT exchange data concerning fees, prices, production, sales, bids, costs, salaries, customer credit, or other
business practices
 DO NOT discuss your customers, markets or territories.
 DO NOT discuss your suppliers or terms from them
 DO NOT disclose sensitive proprietary information
 DO NOT use profanity, abusive language or disparage any competitor or product
 DO NOT suggest concerted or joint action, especially on anti-competitive topics, such as price or restricting
markets

You may also consider conditioning the use of the site in an agreement, the terms of which must be read and accepted
before users may use the site.

So by using the forum you acknowledge that you have read these, understand them and hold me harmless.