What's new

New dryers for IBA?

wash12

Reaction score
I am upgrading to a new 360 plus and contemplating leaving old dryers which are 20+ year old futura dryers or doing new onboard or even new stand alone.

At the moment I am leaning towards onboards as I think customers prefer to do nothing, my bay is 38' so plenty of room. What is everyone else thoughts? I have another location with a 360 onboard and it does decent but you do get some drips off the machine on the car when its drying which can leave spots on the car when dry.

MEP001

Reaction score
I like free-standing dryers because some of your customers will start pulling in while the last one is still pulling slowly through the dryer. You'll also get a lot who won't use the full time, which can't happen with on-board.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Freestanding blowers will usually save you 60 seconds or so on a wash and reduce gantry dripping issues.
I agree, and also put it outside to eliminate the dripping from door/door opening. Another thing to consider is the drive system of the machine itself. Freestanding eliminates a lot of back and forth passes, not to mention the weight eliminated.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm installing a new touch free machine soon and leaving my 15 year old superior standalone dryers. The only thing I've done to them in 15 years is repair the motor that makes the top fan oscillate. I think that's a really strong statement about superior dryers.

wash12

Reaction score
i'm installing a new touch free machine soon and leaving my 15 year old superior standalone dryers. The only thing I've done to them in 15 years is repair the motor that makes the top fan oscillate. I think that's a really strong statement about superior dryers.
Here are my current dryers. My biggest worry is not being able to find replacement parts as you can see in pics they have seen their days. This is from a speciality futura setup they went out of business I think in 2010.

IMG_4518.jpg IMG_4506.jpg IMG_4528.jpg

soonermajic

Reaction score
💎wash, those look great! But I bet those are $25k!! PDQ needed to do somethin though, as their dryers sucked!