What's new

New Detail Shop

MEP001

Reaction score
Looks nice - I especially like the styled lighting, so much better looking than sticking up wall packs.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Mep1. The lights on the side by the Mustang are antique streetlights, restored and slightly modified for the building and the Gable end lights are special order like they use all over the place in Disney World.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Looks great. Do you have any pictures of the interior?

Last edited:

TheDoc

Reaction score
Sweet! Love to see the place sometime. I'm in CT and up in MA all the time on biz.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will post some pictures of the interior soon. It's in a slight state of disarray right now what with all the painting, finish work and moving in slowly.

Thanks for all the positive comments! I do appreciate them and I'm very glad to be making this important step. Anyone who wants to see the place in person, just contact me directly and we'll 'do lunch'.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new place. It looks great.

I'm glad to see that there are still people in this industry that are investing in business ventures that they believe in. If you were to listen to all the doom and gloom in the media, we'd all pack it up and go home!

Danny

Reaction score
It looks good! Is the Mustang your's or a customer's? Either way the the building and the car are easy on the eyes.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Congrads! Looks great! I too am looking forward to indoor pictures as I may build one myself. I was thing along the lines of this building style;

I like the top windows for looks and light...but the doors mabe be solid instead to reduce costs.

Big Leo

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Waxman.
You have done a great job, looks good and I am sure business will come your way.

The mustang really adds to the building.

Danny

Reaction score
I didn't realize you had a 3rd roll up door on the other side. That will make for a great use of space. It looks really good.

Is it just me or do you have some fun toys at your place? First the classic conv. mustang and now the bike!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the Mustang was a customer's and the chopper is an employee's. I like to keep cool cars and motorcycles around; they're great for free publicity and generate interest in the place. I've always been 'into' cars, bikes and cool stuff, making things shiny and clean. I get very enthusiastic about this business and the work and then I sell that enthusiasm to customers.

It's worked for me so far.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. Illegal in MA now to have floor drains in a garage.

Carwash is next door (20 feet away) and all wet work is done over there.

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
Nope. Illegal in MA now to have floor drains in a garage.
Our city doesn't even allow a floor drain in a car wash equipment room. For some idiotic reason they require that the floor slopes toward the door.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I couldn't even put a floor drain in the garage of my home.