What's new

New D&S Automatics

sprocket

Reaction score
D&S had there new autos at the ICA show and no one has posted about them, does that mean they looked really good or really bad. Did anyone else have any new autos there and how did they look? I thought there would be alot of scuttlebut about the show and there has been almost none. Washworld has changed there Razor and not the first word. What gives?

Reaction score
First of all, D&S with their new 5000 gantry said, 2 weeks delivery, (no problem) We have had ours ordered for 5 weeks, paying interest on the money with nothing to show! It might not be their fault but they shouldnt guarantee it if they cant live up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The show was good, not very many people-- so good to inspect things. The d and s was there . Not sure about them- The gantry the spinners, all the things i couldn't wait to get rid of on my nu star comet, are on the machine. It probably washes great with all the zero degree spinners, but they scare older people, and the gantry causes too many customers vertigo, when i had a gantry. I won't brag my vector up as i would like to re-engineer it alot also, but would probably today buy a PDQ laser, and be easy on customers, washes decent, easy on repairs, and easier on me. The belanger team is got the new Kondor out , but seems to me to be trying to reinvent the wheel every couple years, instead of making the wheel better-easier to fix.

captain cw

Reaction score
I thought the Kondor was pretty sexy looking. Don't know about maintenance or wash quality, but liked the show.
The new D&S units looked pretty flimsy to me. I expected them to be cheaper, because they looked cheaper, but they were quite a bit more than their old 5000 unit.
Stone soap had an "affordable" touch free at around 40k. I wouldn't give 20k for it.
TSS was still one of the busiest booths at the show, thus proving that marketing is still a top priority. I know it is for me. I'd buy everything in their booth, if I could afford it.
I thought that Istabols booth looked great, but I'm still not a fan of three brush rollovers. To slow for my busy days. Five brush is a lot faster.

captain cw

Reaction score
It looks like Stone Soap is trying to add something new to the market. I'm guessing they don't manufacture it, but are just representing it for some small out of country manufacturer. I'd be curious to know who makes it. I was referred to an Asian woman on the show floor to tell me more about it. English was most definitely her second language.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I was told the unit is made in China. It applies only a presoak and drying agent. The salesperson also told me the unit was designed for a car dealership or rental car agency. I wonder why they would have it at a car wash show if that is the case.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Keep in mind that in the 50's Japan was "China" and everything was cwap. Today they are #3 in labor cost and make some the best products/electronics and optics in the world.

captain cw

Reaction score
As soon as I typed that I knew I'd hear about it. :). Korea has also gone through the same economic development. I think Taiwan is now generating "some" quality products, but without any form of quality control mainland china is not there yet. For my dollar they'll have to improve quite a bit. Sorry for the cwack. Got a little to much Archie bunker in me.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
No problem, Cap, the truth is the truth. This just shows how hard it is to live down a reputation, whether accidental or real.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Back to topic.............

I'm interested in this new machine from D&S. The IQ Soft-Touch.

Are there any videos of it working anywhere. I've looked and can't find any. Would like to see it in action.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
For the few that didn't get to attend the show what is this new unit you speak of? is it just a new improved Odyssey?

sprocket

Reaction score
If you find a video of either one post the sight so I can check it out. My distributor was discribing the way it works and it is has a different measure system.It sounds really good. I would like to watch one operate.

sprocket

Reaction score
The new I Q's are completely new machines,they have no steel on the floor and the will wash a dully. I think? Thats why I would like to watch one operate.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
D&S Automatic

I looked at the D&S and spoke with a rep at the show. I was impressed with the machine. It had an extremely small footprint and the control panel was tiny and easy to use.
Nobody has one in my area so I havent seen it in action, but I will definately consider one when I need a new IBA.

Wash-it

Reaction score
The new iQ is Unlike anything that D&S has ever built. These machines are something to see. The 3/D imaging used to measure is really cool. "No guiderails" we questioned and a demonstration proved this machine really does Not require them 'cause centering in the bay is no longer an issue. The demonstration positioned a car angled in the Washbay. Results, equal/ballanced friction on all points of the Car. Impressive... I have seen the machine performing in St. Louis and liked what I saw. Be on the lookout for these units. :)