What's new

New Change Machine recommendation

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I have an old hamilton change machine. I am trying to decide if it is worth replacing it with a new machine. If I were to replace it what would be your recommendation for a replacement Hamilton, American Changer or Rowe?
Also I would like everyones opinon on bill validators. MARs or COINCO validator?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have often wondered by having our 2 four hopper three bill compartment bin-sorter Standard Changemakers inside our laundromat vs out in the weather car wash wise ... how much possible more maintenance issues we have avoided with the changers since 1987???

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Why do you need to replace the machine instead of the guts ?
It's really old and I don't know if you can get parts for it or really what I need. There isn't a bill stacker and the door on the back just stays open bills currently fall into a plastic bowl that sits on top of the hopper. The machine malfunctions and won't accept bills until an attendant unplugs it and plugs it back in.
I bought this wash last year and it's my first wash. I am slowly learning the business.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
I think it would be helpful and we could help you better if you posted some pictures of what you've got now.

bert79

Reaction score
We have been happy with American Changers for over 3 years now. They have the Mars Validators. The parts are relatively easy to swap out, but we haven't had to do that yet. I bought a backup hopper and validator but haven't had to use them. It is part of the car wash that I don't have to worry about too much

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
It's really old and I don't know if you can get parts for it or really what I need.
Send Randy Photos. Could save you a lot of $. Took over a location with 2 Hamiltons over 10 years old. Only 1 worked and that only took $1 bills. In short order i had guts repaired and replaced. Now, 15 years later still going strong.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It's really old and I don't know if you can get parts for it or really what I need. There isn't a bill stacker and the door on the back just stays open bills currently fall into a plastic bowl that sits on top of the hopper. The machine malfunctions and won't accept bills until an attendant unplugs it and plugs it back in.
I bought this wash last year and it's my first wash. I am slowly learning the business.

If it were mine ... I would look closely at your existing changer cabinet. If stainless steel ... no brainer keep. If just cosmetic (slight rust) ... it might be worthwhile to sandblast & powder coat ... possibly vinyl wrap - new decals etc.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I just emailed Randy some pictures. Thought I would post here for you all too. The outside looks good I had a sticker made to go over the front.
I guess maybe I just need to replace maybe the controller and or the validator and add a stacker?
I appreciate everyones help!

Attachments

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
All you need to do is replace the Hamilton XE validator with a Mars/MEI validator and you've got a work horse of a bill changer. The Hamilton RNS bill changer has been around since the early 90's. They are built like a tank and you can still buy the RNS today. Parts are still available.
Randy
Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it. You just saved me a few thousand dollars!

Tony

Randy

Reaction score

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
All you need to do is replace the Hamilton XE validator with a Mars/MEI validator and you've got a work horse of a bill changer. The Hamilton RNS bill changer has been around since the early 90's. They are built like a tank and you can still buy the RNS today. Parts are still available.
What is the advantage of replacing the Validator. His is a 2019 version and newer than 5 of mine in operation as well as a couple spares.

Randy

Reaction score
What is the advantage of replacing the Validator. His is a 2019 version and newer than 5 of mine in operation as well as a couple spares.
Earl, I can only think of a couple of reasons why he should go to a new Mars Talos validator.

1. A 2019 XE validator is about do for a serving and he has no spare validator.

2. He needs or wants a stacker

3. The Mars Talos validator has a better acceptance rate

4. The operating costs of the Mars Talos validator are less than the XE validator operating costs.

5. The upfront purchasing cost of the Mars Talos validator is less than that of a XE validator.

Etowah