What's new

new booster pump for washworld high velocity

BBE

Reaction score
My booster pump is starting to crap out on me and I'm in the market for a new one. This is the 3rd one maybe now that I've replaced. It' the sta rite pump that washworld sells. From reading an old thread I dug up a while back, it seemed that the consensus was that the sta rite pumps can't handle water over 140 degrees. Someone recommended a goulds instead as they can handle water temps up to 160 degrees. I think I'm gonna stay away from the sta rite, and try either a goulds, or I could just get a dayton. Has anybody tried a dayton to see how they hold up to hot water? We've always ran daytons for SFR delivery and had great luck with them, but obviously that's not hot water. How relevant is SS or not considering there isn't any chemical going through these pumps, just hot water?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a Dayton Booster pump from Autowash Maintenance about 5 years ago. I applies presoak and foam polish on my IBA. Replaced a Sta Rite.

Dayton has performed flawlessly and was simple and easy to change out.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I have a brand new one I bought for a 4000 but to big and would trip breaker 1.5 HP 6hz . Message me if interested
Gould's 10gbs201254

Last edited:

BBE

Reaction score
I have a brand new one I bought for a 4000 but to big and would trip breaker 1.5 HP 6hz . Message me if interested
Gould's 10gbs201254
That's the one I just bought earlier this week actually. The one that was in there that washworld sells is a sta rite 1.5hp motor. Max amperage around 4.5 amps. The goulds is somewhere around 5.5-5.7amps. And my motor started on the unit goes up to 6 amps, so I thought I was gonna be fine, we will see. What is your motor starter set at for amperage?

Reaction score
MINE IS SET AT 4.5 ON THE pdq PUMP
ON THE GOULDS (1.5hp) IT WAS RUNNING AT 6ISH AND POPING IT so instead of messing with the breaker and relay etc i just ate it and bought the pdq part.
if anyone interested the goulds is up for sale right now its a very expensive paper weight only used for couple hours