What's new

New blood on the Forum...

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello AutoCareForum users. My name is Jackson Vahaly and I'm the new managing partner of ACF, having acquired majority interest from Bill Pitzer. I live in Franklin, TN with my wife and two children (ages 10 & 12). My background is in publishing, so I've been reading the forum to ramp up my learning curve on the car wash business. I've got a long way to go.

Of course, Bill is sticking around as my mentor to ensure a smooth transition and make sure I'm doing everything right. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or advice. And just as Bill always has, I appreciate your commitment to the forum and look forward to meeting many of you at upcoming industry events.

Sincerely,
Jackson Vahaly
615-594-0263

pitzerwm

Reaction score
AND of course, I've showed Jackson all of my tricks to keep the Forum running smoothly and make sure that we maintain the best Forum.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
AND of course, I've showed Jackson all of my tricks to keep the Forum running smoothly and make sure that we maintain the best Forum.
Thanks Bill for creating and maintaining the forum.
Bill what you have created for us is one the best if not the best thing that has happen in the car wash industry in a long time especially as for as exchanging thoughts, ideas and discussions.
Make sure he knows to post interesting and informative links in "Just about Anything."
Have fun.
Again Thank You.

soapy

Reaction score
This is a great and vital for many operators. Bill has done a great job over the last 17 years or so of this forum. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I am proud of the Forum and how it helped make changes in this industry, but the true reason for it's success was all of your participation, my job was just keeping the cats going the right direction down the freeway. It did need younger and new blood and that is what Jackson will provide.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Couldn't have built my wash without this forum! Thanks Bill!

soapy

Reaction score
One suggestion I have is to make it easier to post pictures on this forum. I have resized several photos in the past and got them below the max size required to post. For some reason on this forum it always fails to upload the picture. I use the same procedure on several other forums and have never had a problem posting pictures. I am probably not the only one since this site has far fewer pictures than other forums I regularly visit.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I will check it out, but there is no problem sending me or Jackson the picture and we post it for you.

briteauto

Reaction score
"Bill and The Forum are the best thing to happen to our industry since the conveyor and wrap around brush."

- NY Times

Bill - all kidding aside, I truly appreciate all you have done to help me and countless others in this industry. Thank you very much.

Mike

MEP001

Reaction score
pitzerwm said:
I will check it out, but there is no problem sending me or Jackson the picture and we post it for you.
I still maintain that the easiest way for us to post pictures in threads is to use an external hosting site such as imageshack.us which is free. I have photos hosted on there that have been there for eight years which still display in the forums for which I uploaded them. They also have a smartphone app that lets you send photos direct to the site and you can access them easily from any computer to link here.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jackson and thank you Bill. This forum is a wealth of info for a carwash owner. I don't know where JJ and the SSCWN is at this point in time but if Jackson has a background in publishing SSCWN would be a good tie in to this forum...just sayin'

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Jackson and thank you Bill. This forum is a wealth of info for a carwash owner. I don't know where JJ and the SSCWN is at this point in time but if Jackson has a background in publishing SSCWN would be a good tie in to this forum...just sayin'
This isn't the first time I've had this suggested, and I'd like to discuss this off-line with anyone who's interested (jacksonv@autocareforum.com). Thanks!

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Pix in the threads

I agree with Soapy on the placing of pix in the threads. You can see what is being talked about which really helps. A pix is worth a thousand words!! We used to be able to do it in the early days of the Forum.

I also want to add my thanks to Bill for this forum and all it has meant to me and to ShurVend. I doubt that I could even have gotten started without this Forum to get the word out to potential customers.

I look forward to working with Jackson and making this Forum more useful and THE place to be in the car wash business.

Uncle Sam :)

Etowah

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Bill, Thanks as well for all your help. This forum is my "go to" place for help. Best of luck with the transition.
Buzzie

Carl

Reaction score
Thank You, Bill!

I also want to send you a big THANKS, Bill, for what you've provided here in the ACF for so long. I visited here and read countless posts to help me design and open my first business back in July of 2003, and what I learned here helped me create a facility which I am proud of and which customers have embraced so well. As each year since 2006 my sales have begun to get lower and lower I've been able to come here to again learn what I might be doing wrong and how to steer things in the right direction again. One thing so obvious about this business is that the owners and operators of SSCW are a wonderful bunch of helpful, selfless patriots and it makes me proud to be amongst you guys as a floater here who loves visiting this bookmarked site. My problem is I'm always so LONG-WINDED here when I post so I'll finally end this welcoming the new guy and again, thanking you, Bill and all the members for the best forum around! - Carl :)

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Bill, like all the others I thank you for all the hard work that you have done. Even though I do not post very often I read almost every post. Good luck in whatever endeavor you undertake in the future. Jimbeaux

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Welcome Jackson, you have some HUGE shoes to fill!
Bill, thank you for all that you have done in maintaining this Forum. As many others have already said, it was one of my most useful tools for learning about the car wash industry prior to jumping in head first.
I certainly hope that you will be in Vegas next year, so we can all have one more chance to thank you in person.