What's new

New Armor-All Sponge Paks

Etowah

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
Ok, my business has been really slow and I tend to buy in large quatities to try and save on shipping. So, I guess I have been out of the loop on the new Armor-All sponge packs. I wondered how Kleenrite was keeping the price the same when almost everything else I ordered from them was up about 20%. The new sponge packs are much smaller (sort of like selling you the "new and improved" candy bar that is actually smaller) and square packaing instead of the rectangles. I have the old "drop shelf" vendors; anybody have any information about how these new packs work with the old vendors? Any "hangups" and does it make any difference how they are oriented?

M

mmc

Sorry I dont have an answer but Im wondering if these new packs are only from Kleen Rite or if Armor All switched everything to the new size. Im getting ready to reorder some supplies for my drop shelfs and I guess Id like to know if Im going to be in trouble to.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I saw the smaller pack at the ICA show. Standing on end the package looked to be about 1/3 shorter than the original pack. I was told that the sponge inside was the same size. I have both spiral and drop-shelf vendors and feel the new package would vend better in both scenarios. The down side is that with the smaller packaging some sales may be lost when they see it in a glassfront and feel they may be getting shortchanged.

MEP001

Reaction score
Pat may be right about the customers thinking the sponge is smaller, but they do vend better. I don't have to fold a corner to keep them from hanging in a normal drop-shelf vendor anymore, and I'll bet the 3-column vendor owners don't have to fold the pack in half anymore.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Any packaging change to Armorall would be a improvement for my D&H vendor. The darn things hang up on the glass front a lot. I trim the top and bottom, fold it and it still hangs.