What's new

New Armor All Sponge Packs

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
Okay, this is small potatoes in the overall scheme of life, but I'd like to meet the genius who changed the packaging. I have a spiral delivery vendor and the new packaging doesn't fit the old spiral (helix). I had to go with a spiral that doesn't hold as much of the product. The package itself is smaller, thicker and harder to display and vend.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Your loss is my gain. I use the drop shelf, and a while ago they started cutting the packages a tad larger and I had to fold them or they would hang up in the lefft hand column. Foldiing was a pain.

I would still like to meet the numb nuts who made the colring of the protectant packs and cleaner packs virtualy identical so they are easy to confuse. Or, the one who made the 4 oz bottles slightly larger o they would not fiut the 3 column bottle vender, and then again the ones who decided to eliminate the wheel cleaner so I no longer had a third product for the 3 bottle vender.

Guess what. Apparently they do not give a rats ... Ever see them at a show? I do not mean there distributers, but the actual AA people. I wonder how much of their product the Car Wash distributers sell?

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I agree with the packaging colors. When putting them in a rear load spiral vendor, the difference is way too subtle. Earl, some guys win, some guys lose. If you vend with drop shelf, you win.

BTW, I went to the Armor All web page and registered a complaint. They told me to contact ArmorAllPro, which is Zep (Acuity Brands) and they have nothing to do with the vending products. They license the Armor All brand. What idiots. It sure feels good to vent!

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I am surprised that ArmorAll is so cavalier in their attitude about the vend packs. They do a big business with them and they are very profitable. You probably got someone there that sent you to Zep as soon as you mentioned the word car wash. Some of their own people do not even know what they do and do not make. They are owned by Clorox so maybe a complaint there might help.

jprb

Reaction score
This looks like a good place for the ICA to help us. I thought the change in color of the AA cleaner was not a good idea. I must not have gotten any of the new size packs yet, but I'm sure I will.

The Car Freshner people also went to a round bottle on their spray air freshner, rather than the flat bottles. Two problems - They require a different spiral in the vendor and the round bottles turn in the spiral so the label doesn't stay visible to the front. Then the customer can't see what fragrance it is. I've changed to a different brand.

You would sure think companies would value the opinions of their retail sellers, but maybe saving a buck here and there on packaging is all they are worried about!

JPRB

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
while were at it,leafs are no longer available in the 72 box,they only come in card pack and do not fit in a 5 column a drop shelf vendor,i will sell trees only

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
while were at it,leafs are no longer available in the 72 box,they only come in card pack and do not fit in a 5 column a drop shelf vendor,i will sell trees only
<<

FWIW custom freshners sells freshners that fit the 5 column. They have decals for it also.