What's new

Neon Lights

newcarwashowner

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding some different color neon LEDs to each of my bays. Has anyone done this and experienced a cool effect at night?

CarWashJoe

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same at my 4 bay self serve wash......following!!

washnshine

Reaction score
I see a lot of IBA’s with neon lights and light shows and it looks awesome. One thing I noticed about most of them is that although the bay is very colorful, it doesn’t have that brightness at night or when the bay lights would need to be on that a clear/white light gives you in the bay. It’s probably fine for an IBA where the washing is done automatically and the customer stays in the car, but in a self serve, I think the colored neon lighting could potentially obscure areas of the car the customer is trying to clean. It may also not allow customers feel as secure without the very bright lighting. The operators who have this would be able to tell you if any of this is a concern - that is just my thought.

MEP001

Reaction score
in a self serve, I think the colored neon lighting could potentially obscure areas of the car the customer is trying to clean.
If I were to do this, I'd have all the bays synched to flash the same colors, but switch to white light on motion control or a bay starting.