What's new

Need some advice with a Unitec Portal

mac

Reaction score
Doing a new installation of an Istobal with a Portal TI. The site will also have a combo vac and the owner wants the vac to accept credit cards. So I called Unitec and asked how to tie the vac credit card into the Portal account, so as not to have two providers. Well their response was to add $4,000 worth of controllers and readers just to add the vac to it. That is more than the vac costs. I can add Crypto Pay for around $800. Any ideas out there?

Reaction score
I just went through this also with Unitec where the costs would have been around 4K per vacuum to include the costs of getting Ethernet to the Vac. Wound up going with Cryptopay for just the vacs and added them to the vending machines.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I wish Cryptopay would come up with an interface for the Portal. I have Cryptopay at my site for Bays, Vacs, Vending and my Token machine. But my Portal is on its own!!??

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
I'm also one of those that has a Unitec for the automatic on its own and crypto pay in 6 bays and soon in vending and vacs. I don't understand why someone hasn't come up with a unified solution for non tunnel operators... BTW I really like cryptopay except for the fees but I'm almost willing to pay them if unitec would integrate w cryptopay.

mac

Reaction score
I have a Wash Select 2 with crypto pay and it works fine. Don't know about a Portal. I kind of see why some would not want to integrate other manufacturers stuff but that's just the way things are.

pgrzes

Reaction score
So I'm reading this post. I have a portal and have spoken numerous times with Cryptopay about this. Unitec doesnt seem to want to work with them on this? I assume Unitec gets a piece of the pie from the processor? Maybe? So then I am thinking the Portal is an MDB Unit, both coin acceptor and bill acceptor are mdb. So if I throw an mdb swiper from cryptopay on the unit, why would that not work? Maybe I would need to disable the refund option? Anybody have any insight on this? Maybe someone has tried it? I would love to have just a single processor for my sight, and with the added transactions I would assume my rate would drop a bit more? Well its late and I havnt slept in days, maybe I shouldnt think too much!! Chime in all.

Overachiever

Reaction score
So if I throw an mdb swiper from cryptopay on the unit, why would that not work?
The Cryptopay MDB swiper is "MDB Level 2" so you'd need to make sure the Portal TI also supports MDB Level 2 and maybe you'll have a chance that it'll work?

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
I currently use the windcave solution with contactless payments or the chip enabled reader in my unitec portal. Customers get confused because they're supposed to insert the card and wait to remove it until prompted. Most of them insert and remove right away which results and it being declined. I believe cryptopay would be so much easier plus I'd have everything in one place including the SS bays, vending and vacs.

cooll903

Reaction score
So I'm reading this post. I have a portal and have spoken numerous times with Cryptopay about this. Unitec doesnt seem to want to work with them on this? I assume Unitec gets a piece of the pie from the processor? Maybe? So then I am thinking the Portal is an MDB Unit, both coin acceptor and bill acceptor are mdb. So if I throw an mdb swiper from cryptopay on the unit, why would that not work? Maybe I would need to disable the refund option? Anybody have any insight on this? Maybe someone has tried it? I would love to have just a single processor for my sight, and with the added transactions I would assume my rate would drop a bit more? Well its late and I havnt slept in days, maybe I shouldnt think too much!! Chime in all.
i have a protal ti and i can tell you first hand that it does not work. i have tried it.