What's new

Need replacement of my burnt Carwash

mobahmani

Reaction score
I need to replace my burnt carwash, it was Ryco 5 Brush in bay. Any idea of a good replacement.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Are you a hands-on type, or will you be relying on someone else to perform repairs and set up chemistry? If the former, local service and support is a big part of the decision process.

If you were happy with the performance of a Ryko and familiar with it you should consider another one.

Friction five brush- I've got a two year old Istobal Flex 5-so far, so good. Oasis I 5 is another to take a look at.

Touch free, I've got water wizards that clean a car well, but everyone here seems to love their wash world razors.

Last edited:

DavidM

Reaction score
That is a really broad question. You will probably get better feedback if you can add some clarification.

What did you like or not like about the Ryko?
Do you want faster? easier to work on? better distributor? better cleaning? touchless or softtouch?

There are some good machines out there. If you are dependent on a distributor, you might be limited in what is available locally.

David

Rodj

Reaction score
I want to give my few cents, though I do not own a car wash and more of a enthusiast currently.

I have to say Ryko has turned things around recently with the Softgloss MAXX 5. The XS and older MAXX were pretty limited with the customization of wash packages, however I have seen several unique wash cycles with the new SGM5 with WashBuilder. I have seen presoak(?) followed by a HP pass before the detergent is put down, starting the wash cycle with the top brush first instead of a rear to front pass, and utilizing the HP blasters during the wash cycles.

I don’t mean to sound like a salesperson, but here are some differences compared to the older Softglosses
-Colorful LEDs along the inner sides(Electrical covers)
-Rear brushes are longer towards the top
-Magnum wheel blasters

Im not certain yet if Ryko is going to have their sale this summer, but during their sales event, a fully equipped Softgloss MAXX 5 costs $110,000 including installation and 1 year parts/labor.

Again I am not trying to say that it is the only good choice, I’m just giving my opinion and the changes from the older Softgloss units.

MEP001

Reaction score
I want to give my few cents, though I do not own a car wash and more of a enthusiast currently.
Do you have any real experience in this industry? This is a place for people to ask advice from professionals, not so much to get it from people who have read the literature, or who like to ride through car washes with their mom to post videos on YouTube.

Reaction score
Do you have any real experience in this industry? This is a place for people to ask advice from professionals, not so much to get it from people who have read the literature, or who like to ride through car washes with their mom to post videos on YouTube.
Are you serious? First you do this to me, now you do this to someone else. I'm not trying to start anything here, but can't you take input from us the customers/enthusiasts? Input from us is actually really helpful because you can get info on what we have noticed is best as a customer who has tried many washes. Also signatures saying that you are just an enthusiast help you know... In my honest opinion you need to settle down and not bug someone about not being a professional.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you serious?
Yup.

First you do this to me, now you do this to someone else.
Do what exactly, point out the truth?

I'm not trying to start anything here, but can't you take input from us the customers/enthusiasts? Input from us is actually really helpful because you can get info on what we have noticed is best as a customer who has tried many washes.
As I mentioned to you several times, when that input is fully transparent it's fine. When people come here and give advice without mentioning all the facts about their input, it's misleading. Again, as I've mentioned several times, and as you yourself quoted:
This is a place for people to ask advice from professionals
This means car wash owners, operators, technicians, distributors, equipment manufacturers, etc.
Also signatures saying that you are just an enthusiast help you know
A signature that was put there by a forum moderator, not by yourself.

In my honest opinion you need to settle down and not bug someone about not being a professional.
If you want to give your honest opinion, go right ahead. But give it with full disclosure that you have only watched it run from inside a car. But when you come here and make multiple accounts and talk to yourself between them as if you're two different people, you only make yourself look like a crazy person. And when you make threats in PMs to someone who isn't worried about upsetting you, don't expect him to "settle down" and not bug you.

Reaction score
Yup.

Do what exactly, point out the truth?

As I mentioned to you several times, when that input is fully transparent it's fine. When people come here and give advice without mentioning all the facts about their input, it's misleading. Again, as I've mentioned several times, and as you yourself quoted:

This means car wash owners, operators, technicians, distributors, equipment manufacturers, etc.

A signature that was put there by a forum moderator, not by yourself.

If you want to give your honest opinion, go right ahead. But give it with full disclosure that you have only watched it run from inside a car. But when you come here and make multiple accounts and talk to yourself between them as if you're two different people, you only make yourself look like a crazy person. And when you make threats in PMs to someone who isn't worried about upsetting you, don't expect him to "settle down" and not bug you.
First of all, I am NOT the same person as Metro or Fanatic. Second of all, I have the average amount of knowledge that an operator would. Thirdly we both have seen them operate from a very close-up perspective from OUTSIDE the car, and in the backroom. So I will kindly ask you to stop being rude to other enthusiasts, and filling up the fourms with stupid arguments that are meaningless. This is not the place to argue, if you wish to take it out on someone, please take it into private messages :)

MEP001

Reaction score
First of all, I am NOT the same person as Metro or Fanatic.
"Metro" and "Fanatic" are the same person with two accounts. "He" is the one who has talked with himself between the two accounts. And I still suspect all three accounts are the same person, since you both have referred to "Metro or Fanatic" in exactly the same way.

Second of all, I have the average amount of knowledge that an operator would.
I highly doubt that. You have no experience with the financial end, or the construction end, or the day-to-day ownership, or many other aspects.

So I will kindly ask you to stop being rude to other enthusiasts, and filling up the fourms with stupid arguments that are meaningless.
It is you who are doing this. I'm not arguing, I'm pointing out facts. I have asked you to be transparent with the information you provide here, and you don't care to respect that. Why should I care that it upsets you because I expose you as a kid who doesn't have the background to be giving advice on spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on equipment? It's not appropriate for you to be giving advice for that. Why is it that a moderator had to come and add into your signature that you aren't a car wash owner?

Reaction score
"Metro" and "Fanatic" are the same person with two accounts. "He" is the one who has talked with himself between the two accounts. And I still suspect all three accounts are the same person, since you both have referred to "Metro or Fanatic" in exactly the same way.
No, we are not the same person as I said before, I am very close friends to Wisconsin Car Wash Channel, and I really don't know fanatic too well. And how are we the same person if fanatic films car washes frequently in Massachusetts, Wisconsin Car Wash Channel films in Wisconsin all the time, and I'm from Iowa? That there just proves that we are different people, and I kindly ask you to stop accusing me of something I would never do.

MEP001

Reaction score
I really don't know fanatic too well.
Some of the videos on those channels are made in the same car with the same driver.

Wisconsin Car Wash Channel films in Wisconsin all the time, and I'm from Iowa?
Don't Wisconsin and Iowa share a border?

I kindly ask you to stop accusing me of something I would never do.
I asked you politely in PMs to clarify that you're a young person that rides through car washes and makes videos, which I did to not publicly embarrass you in any way, and you made a threat. Give me a good reason why I shouldn't expose you at every opportunity. Maybe explain too why every time one of you posts, within hours the other pops in and defends, even when neither of you has been here in months. That can't be a coincidence. It would be much easier for you to stop doing the things that make you look bad.

Reaction score
Some of the videos on those channels are made in the same car with the same driver.

Don't Wisconsin and Iowa share a border?

I asked you politely in PMs to clarify that you're a young person that rides through car washes and makes videos, which I did to not publicly embarrass you in any way, and you made a threat. Give me a good reason why I shouldn't expose you at every opportunity. Maybe explain too why every time one of you posts, within hours the other pops in and defends, even when neither of you has been here in months. That can't be a coincidence. It would be much easier for you to stop doing the things that make you look bad.
Can we just stop fighting and leave each other alone? That's what I want... last thing is when in the world did I threaten you... this is my only account so if you told someone you thought was me this then I have no clue what you are talking about.

Etowah

traveler17

Reaction score
100 percent agree w MEP. Sincerely not trying to be rude but I’m not here to ask advice or try to gain some knowledge or insight of someone who’s never owned any type of wash. That’d be like my Dentist asking me how to pull a tooth 😬

Kramerwv

Reaction score
100 percent agree w MEP. Sincerely not trying to be rude but I’m not here to ask advice or try to gain some knowledge or insight of someone who’s never owned any type of wash. That’d be like my Dentist asking me how to pull a tooth 😬
But what if you’d compiled videos of several dentists pulling teeth and ranked them? Wouldn’t that make you qualified 😁

traveler17

Reaction score
But what if you’d compiled videos of several dentists pulling teeth and ranked them? Wouldn’t that make you qualified 😁
Hey you’re right. That’s it!! Done !! I’m a dentist now. Who needs a tooth yanked lmao

Hraustin

Reaction score
Kids kids kids... since you are all certified professionals, who are not old enough to have a license, what's a prox switch, encoder, or unloader? And what is the purpose for all of these? What's their job?