What's new

Need recommendations for a LOUD white noise machine.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I snore pretty bad, so my wife has to have a white noise machine and a box fan running to drown me out. She had the little Magicteam unit that was loud enough, but a big drawback was that it would only run a maximum of five hours and would shut off (I wonder whose bright idea that was?). She needs it to run all night, so at least 8ish hours. The magicteam just gave up the ghost and we need to get another one. Anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind that we don't want a low volume, soothing unit, we need a LOUD, drown out my fat a$$ snoring, unit.

I don't seem to fit sleep apnea symptoms. I sleep very well, don't wake up repeatedly, and don't feel tired when I wake up in the morning. She also says I don't seem to stop breathing. I think it's more of an "I need to lose 20 pounds." problem.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I have an Echo Dot which can play white noise. It seems pretty loud, but I don't know how it compares to what you had. A friend has an Alexa unit with display that has a pretty impressive sound quality while playing music, but I don't know how loud it can play white noise. I will say it's nice to be able to ask Alexa what the forecast is for the day.

MEP001

Reaction score
I tested two of the Amazon devices, my Echo Dot and the $120 display model, neither will play more than a few hours without shutting off.

washnshine

Reaction score
I snore pretty bad, so my wife has to have a white noise machine and a box fan running to drown me out. She had the little Magicteam unit that was loud enough, but a big drawback was that it would only run a maximum of five hours and would shut off (I wonder whose bright idea that was?). She needs it to run all night, so at least 8ish hours. The magicteam just gave up the ghost and we need to get another one. Anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind that we don't want a low volume, soothing unit, we need a LOUD, drown out my fat a$$ snoring, unit.

I don't seem to fit sleep apnea symptoms. I sleep very well, don't wake up repeatedly, and don't feel tired when I wake up in the morning. She also says I don't seem to stop breathing. I think it's more of an "I need to lose 20 pounds." problem.
I’m not making a joke, but has she tried ear plugs? They have some that are remarkably effective - like 35+ decibels of reduction.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I found one on Amazon last night that will run continuously if desired. It's the Magicteam brand, like the old one. They also advertised that it had 32 sound levels, so I feel it will probably be as loud.

Eric H

Reaction score
Probably too late but one of the streaming services (I think it is Prime Video) has 12 hour long white noise type “videos”. I found them by accident. Steam if from the TV at any volume you want!

Kramerwv

Reaction score
If you need loud find a cheap dehumidifier and run it nearby. Good ones are relatively quiet, cheap ones sound like you’re in a plane and will go for 8 hrs unless you have a huge humidity problem.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had a window AC unit that was loud as hell, took me a month to get used to sleeping with it on. Once the weather cooled off it took me another month to get used to sleeping with it off.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Probably too late but one of the streaming services (I think it is Prime Video) has 12 hour long white noise type “videos”. I found them by accident. Steam if from the TV at any volume you want!
Yep, the new one came in and we're back to sleeping between a wind tunnel and a sawmill.

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
This is a VERY disturbing post!!! How could ANYBODY be lulled to sleep by “WHITE Noise”?!! And why would ANY woke (pardon the pun) person support any business selling devices that normalize the hateful message so explicit in its name and function?!! And the blasé complicity of those contributing to this post is reprehensible. Surely White Noise is self evident proof and symptom of your systemic White Oppression, White Racism, White Privilege, White Supremacy, White Fragility, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Sooo, wake up and stay awake — your complexion guilt demands nocturnal reparations. The Oppressed sleep better knowing their Oppressors are losing sleep.
— this message heartily endorsed by “Calypso Louie” Farrakan

Oh, uh, BTW, this rant is, helllloo, satirical. BUT tragically there are Leftist Critical Race nutcases who would be on board with all that … seriously … really. Yet another surreal battle in this DEMented civil war.

JJJ

MEP001

Reaction score
Since "white noise" is analogous to "white light" which is all the colors of the spectrum, the former term is perfectly PC.

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
Where oh where have you been, MEP? Don’t you realize how your allusion to light wave physics/science reveals your intractable racist guilt?!! For God’s sake Marx sake — haven’t you heard the BLM Woke Wisdom that has declared stuff like STEM (especially Math) a facet and function of White Supremacy?!! No irony — they REALLY have!

But, just for not-so-funny fun —

If only, if only the Left could ‘see the light’ of your analogy. That is, the pristine, symbolic beauty of light that is White and integrating of all colors. Yes, all colors, all lives matter — love it! However, wear a “BLUE Lives Matter” T-shirt in Leftist Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis or even Chicago and brace yourself for a brutal, bloody reality check.

And oh, BTW, there actually is a Leftist “documentary” called “White Noise” that is available for your viewing pleasure and reedgeumafication that celebrates its discovery of “radical systemic racism”.

And before I bow out (stage Right) — my apologies for not resisting the temptation to hijack this post onto such a “colorful” tangent. Mea culpa.

Peace. Love. Out

JJJ