What's new

Need help

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Thanks Greg! I sent him a PM.

Reaction score
Your equipment looks good to me. You have a really good basis to start from and cleanup just a bit. Is the larger storage tank to the right of the pumps with a rainbow on it your clean rinse tank? If so you could eliminate the hydrominder on the top and just use a standard float valve there. I like the Jobe valves.

Randy

Reaction score
I see in your pictures that your Flo-jet pumps are just kind of hanging there. We use these Flo-jet mount that have a rubber mount that holds the pump into the bracket. It makes it real fast and easy to change the pump.

Attachments

Jap

Reaction score
Next ? How do I keep from getting my vac hoses ran over and broken?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Vac hose is made to withstand getting run over.
Do not worry about them.
Clean them and hang them up when you’re there.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see in your pictures that your Flo-jet pumps are just kind of hanging there. We use these Flo-jet mount that have a rubber mount that holds the pump into the bracket. It makes it real fast and easy to change the pump.
Wow these are cool! All this time I thought you were just supposed to hang the flow jet from something solid using a plastic cable tie!!

Jap

Reaction score
Another ? My nitrogen bottle, ball accumulator on pump one is acting up as soon as you left off of the wand it is tat,tat,tat and want stop until I push the wand again

Eric H

Reaction score
Another ? My nitrogen bottle, ball accumulator on pump one is acting up as soon as you left off of the wand it is tat,tat,tat and want stop until I push the wand again
Pull the vibration dampener (accumulator) off and stick a blunt object into the inlet. The bladder shouldn’t compress. If it does you need to replace the dampener. If it can’t be compressed you have a different problem.
IMPORTANT: don’t use anything that can puncture the bladder

Jap

Reaction score
We just changed out the accumulator and it’s still doing it any clues

Eric H

Reaction score
We just changed out the accumulator and it’s still doing it any clues
I’d attach a hose and gun directly to the pump to eliminate any issue between the pump and the bay.
it doesn’t sound like a typical issue with a valve…it may be an unloader/regulator issue. Try swapping the unloader with another bay and see if the issue follows the unloader.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
sounds like an unloader or pressure regulator to me unless there is a restriction in the line, highly doubtful on that unless its the tip.

Jap

Reaction score
I was there this evening and it ran great for about 3 and 1/2 minutes then started hammering. I am going back early to swap the regulator and see if that fixes it. Thank you all for all the help and advice y’all are giving.

Jap

Reaction score
Again! Got bay 1 bay up now bay 2 is pulsating when I hold the wand it work but the pressure drops to 5-600 when I let off the pressure builds up to 1200 any clues

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
This o ring was in one of the pump head check valves not real sure where it came from but thinking some how from the regulator/ Unloader I removed yesterday
Can you measure the O'ring? Looks more like a plunger O'ring? Hard to tell what size it is from the picture. You might also be right that it is from the bad unloader and got bypassed back to the pump? If its a plunger O'ring, it will fill the crankcase with water quickly....

Jap

Reaction score
I’m headed back that way I will check the crank case and measure the oring

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Going off this picture that he sent me, looks like it's too big for a plunger O'ring, but like 2Biz said, it's hard to tell from a picture.

Attachments

mucoucah

Reaction score
Again! Got bay 1 bay up now bay 2 is pulsating when I hold the wand it work but the pressure drops to 5-600 when I let off the pressure builds up to 1200 any clues
Had this issue the other day. The springs in the unloader (paraplate) were badly rusted, and the walls inside the unloader itself (where the o-ring seals) were very dirty. These unloaders had been in service for a while, since before I purchased the wash, and I don't know how well they were treated.
I used a brass brush to clean everything inside and put new springs in, unloader is working nicely now.

Last edited:

Jap

Reaction score
I have all runner and plastic lines but I’m getting trash on the same bay that had the oring in the check valve. It keeps stopping up my tip in the bay. I’m guessing it’s stuff that has passed from the unloader? I have took the tip off and ran the bay to try to clear it but it has happened again. Maybe just more debris from the unloader I’m hoping.