What's new

Need help

Jap

Reaction score
Once I get the 2nd bay back up tomorrow everything should be working then. I changed some hydrominder tips out today also. Do you have any suggestions on what I need to do in the bays?

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of soap & wax are you using? Did you increase the tip size?

Jap

Reaction score
I have new tips coming this week. I have nothing in the wash so I’m having to order all new parts.
The wax is Simoniz body bath and the soap is purple passion

Jap

Reaction score
It’s some stuff the ex owner gave me it’s the same in the wash

Jap

Reaction score
I also put a green orifice in the HO soap to get it a little better he had a pink witch was next to the smallest he could have

Randy

Reaction score
I have new tips coming this week. I have nothing in the wash so I’m having to order all new parts.
The wax is Simoniz body bath and the soap is purple passion
Simoniz Body bath is a soap product and Purple Passion is a Presoak. What are you using for Foam Brush soap?

Jap

Reaction score
I’m not real sure I know it is a Kleen rite product and it is blue. It has been there for almost a year according to the he wrote on the top the labels are worn off

kentadel

Reaction score
Good to hear you are getting things working. Randy and 2biz are great resources on this forum. Kudos to them for their willingness to help others.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I also put a green orifice in the HO soap to get it a little better he had a pink witch was next to the smallest he could have
You might also check for a throttling needle valve on the soap and wax....Some metering valves are built into the solenoids, Kip for instance. You can increase/decrease flow into the pump without having to change a tip. Thats why its so hard to offer advice on what size tip to use. Too many variables. I see you have two Dwyer flow meters on the pump stand. What are they used for? I use Flow meters on soap/wax/FB/and PS. 16 total...That way I can make sure every bay is metered exactly the same. Some folks on the forum don't like them.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thank you. Everything is working. I spent a few hrs in the wash room this evening wrapping my head around the system. HP soap is working but super weak and wax is the same

Many systems have ball valves on the bottom of the water storage tank. It is a fairly common practice to partially close these valves to reduce the flow of water to the pump in an effort to draw more chemical (wax and soap) out of their lines. I don't do this because I feel it is a bit harder on the seals and head and I can get adequate draw without doing it. If you want to attempt this get some help and have someone in the bay pull the trigger while the pump is running. Slowly close the ball valve until you hear the sound of the pump slightly change, then slowly open the valve back up until that noise goes back away and stop there.

Another option is to continue to increase the tip size until you get the look (soap)or performance (wax)you want. The simple thing to do is is pick a color tip that doubles the ratio of the tip you're currently using, drain the chemical tank, and try the new dilution ratio.

Eric H

Reaction score
Where are you located? I think you need to ask an experienced operator to come help you for a few hours. Most of the people on this forum are more than willing to help other out. There are also more “lurkers” here than the same 20 guys that answer 90% of the questions. I’m sure someone will step up

Jap

Reaction score
You might also check for a throttling needle valve on the soap and wax....Some metering valves are built into the solenoids, Kip for instance. You can increase/decrease flow into the pump without having to change a tip. Thats why its so hard to offer advice on what size tip to use. Too many variables. I see you have two Dwyer flow meters on the pump stand. What are they used for? I use Flow meters on soap/wax/FB/and PS. 16 total...That way I can make sure every bay is metered exactly the same. Some folks on the forum don't like them.
They are used to meter the HO soap and HP wax

Jap

Reaction score
Where are you located? I think you need to ask an experienced operator to come help you for a few hours. Most of the people on this forum are more than willing to help other out. There are also more “lurkers” here than the same 20 guys that answer 90% of the questions. I’m sure someone will step up
I am from Gibson GA
I’d like if I could get someone out to help.

Jap

Reaction score
I have order new booms, Wanda, bay meters with CC payment, brushes and plan to ad triple foam presoak. Some new stickers also to liven the place up I hope.