What's new

NEED HELP!!!

Brookswash21

Reaction score
Ok. Just the other day someone decided to just snatch my whole wand and hose from the boom in one of my wash bays. The piece that attached to the boom itself was brass and it sheared it clean.

How do I remove that piece of pipe thread that is left in the boom part?

I thought I used an ease out but I think what I grabbed and used was a thread maker.

soapy

Reaction score
I have a whole set of extractors that I bought from a local plumbing supply house. It has about 20 pieces that go up in size. Short of that you can go to a hardware store and get a easy out. Remember they turn in reverse and tighten as turn them. sometimes it helps to pound them in a little at first.

Randy

Reaction score
Soapy right, get a set of Easy outs or bolt extractors. Great tool to have around the car wash. You can get them at Lowes or Home depot

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
If it's brass and your in a bind, sometimes a pair of needle nose pliers will work if you have room to get them in. Extractors are best, but worth a try in a pinch.

Brookswash21

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I bought the smaller ease outs and was surprised it came out so easy compared to the part I had to remove from the hose end part. But it’s up and going again.