What's new

Need help.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
No sir I was a airplane mechanic in the air force and also worked as a service manager at a car dealership. I’m aware of the protection of fuses and circuit breakers. I appreciate your concern though. You never know out there anymore.
Randy, FastLane & others,

I have nephew who has his BS degree in electrical-aeronautical degree. We have brainstormed together aplenty ... he actually said there are advantages to using fuses over circuit breakers. Now if I can convince insurance companies to not be so hard :unsure: on me while insuring the house I live in & own using mostly fuses & very few circuit breakers???!!!

I do plan on having my humble abode rewired ... professionally done ... of course! I hate to get rid of it considering the large vegetable garden area & climatized perfect temperature (wireless monitoring) root cellar that my daddy physically dug & concrete (with rebar etc) while during a period of "personal intense physical frenzy"! Also better than crawling under a table or desk like the current recommendation back in the 50s & 60s in case of a nuclear attack! Yes & the pressure sealed homemade filled canning jars also might have been helpful in that event.

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but Fastlane, What are the dimensions of those doors and where did you get them? They look very similar to what I need. Thanks.

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but Fastlane, What are the dimensions of those doors and where did you get them? They look very similar to what I need. Thanks.
When I get over there I will measure them for you. I got them from Doug over at Ginsan. Stand up guy for sure. Give him a call he will get you handled.

MEP001

Reaction score
FastLane has what is known as Weben-style doors. I'm having trouble finding them by searching the various big car wash supply companies.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
That's the flat door that fits Weben-style boxes with the slots to accept them. A lot of the older boxes don't have the slots, but the same door can be made for a hinge. I've had doors made like that which are almost the same except the timer and rotary switch positions are swapped.

Cryptodoor.jpg