What's new

Need help with 1.0 WW

mcritten

Reaction score
1.0 Gantry stops about two feet from home, I think its at the end of the wash, because no one has call me to say that it didn't finish. The red lion says that the drive motors ran to long. I hit the reset and the gantry goes home and the red lion says the home prox needs to be replaced, but its only 2 weeks old. When I clear everything it works fine.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Check cable on home prox. and make it is making good contact, could be bad prox. or cable. Just because it is new doesn't mean they are no bad.

mcritten

Reaction score
1.0 Gantry stops about two feet from home, I think its at the end of the wash, because no one has call me to say that it didn't finish. The red lion says that the drive motors ran to long. I hit the reset and the gantry goes home and the red lion says the home prox needs to be replaced, but its only 2 weeks old. When I clear everything it works fine.

The previous comments happen Saturday. The last thing I did was replace the end of track prox because it was not working. Everything worked fine all day Sunday, washed at lease 15 cars, bad weather.

Monday still bad weather but the gantry stopped again 2 feet from home on the third car. This time the red lion had drive motor ran to long so I hit the return button the gantry stay put and the wash in waiting came up and I let it time out then the gantry moved home. Then the red lion read home prox needs to be replaced. I think this is coming up because the gantry didn't go home. Is there a way to check a prox? I don't have a new cable, I do have two old prox which I'm going to try. HELP

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The unit doesn't think it's home when it stopped short. it stopped short of home because of the drive motor error. Run a track test.

I believe with drive motor running too long you need to check your wheel count prox, and maybe even your end of track prox.

BTW, you need to stock some parts to be able to adequately troubleshoot the unit. Sometimes you have to take a shotgun approach and replace several components at once, or you will chase a problem for days, or even weeks.

toddmullens

Reaction score
You are getting the Home Prox Needs to Be Replaced Error because the home prox is not on during the first second of the wash, (Right after you hit the reset button and a wash is probably in que). I don't think you issue is going to be either of the prox switches but more likely an issue with one of your drive gearboxes. Run multiple count tests and see if it stalls out or hangs. You might also hear a whining noise coming from either side of the machine. It will finally get bad enough where the machine will not move if its the gearbox

mcritten

Reaction score
No! It stuck 3 or 4 times over the weekend. One time it did not give me the DRIVE MOTORS RAN TO LONG. I had some depressions in the tracks close to the spot that the gantry stops, but I ground them out and it still stopped in the same place. I have run the continuous wheel count test twice, first time I ran 6 total trips today I ran it for 12 total trips. I would think that if it was a motor or gearbox issue it would have shown up. What is really confusing is that it stops in the same place every time. Al thinks it might be that the total wash time is running out. I didn't know there was only a total of ten minutes to complete a wash, but if this is the problem I should have experience it along time ago.