What's new

Need help troubleshooting

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
So i go to my bay itself. Drop coins in. The timer in the bay starts counting the money as it should…..25/50/75/100/125/ but at 150 it should kick on the room timer ( ginsan402)

On the bay timer display it keeps counting quarters but nothing turns on…. 150/175/200/225
No motor functions work but foam brush and ET work

while all of that is going on in the bay…IN THE ROOM, on the gin san it says it is counting time like normal. It will not engage any motor functions. Contactor will not engage.

im kind of at a loss here. Hope i described this well enough

To sum it up timer in room counting acting normal. Swapped it with brand new one so its not that. Brand new contactor also.
Why is it still counting out at the bay??
How do i fix or where should i start 🙃. Surely some kind of electrical.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad rotary switch…. Or bad contactor. Start at the rotary switch and move closer to the motor checking voltage.

MEP001

Reaction score
Rotary switch or pushbutton?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
So i go to my bay itself. Drop coins in. The timer in the bay starts counting the money as it should…..25/50/75/100/125/ but at 150 it should kick on the room timer ( ginsan402)

On the bay timer display it keeps counting quarters but nothing turns on…. 150/175/200/225
No motor functions work but foam brush and ET work

while all of that is going on in the bay…IN THE ROOM, on the gin san it says it is counting time like normal. It will not engage any motor functions. Contactor will not engage.

im kind of at a loss here. Hope i described this well enough

To sum it up timer in room counting acting normal. Swapped it with brand new one so its not that. Brand new contactor also.
Why is it still counting out at the bay??
How do i fix or where should i start 🙃. Surely some kind of electrical.
What is the "timer" that is counting up in the equipment room? Push button or rotary on the door? What is the display in the bay? How old is the equipment?

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Didnt think of the rotary switch being bad
I was asking which you had. It's pretty unlikely to be a bad rotary switch.

You'll need a voltmeter. There are two layers of the switch, one will have a wire on every terminal, one will only have wires on some. The latter is the power to the contactor. You need to see if there's power coming from the switch at those positions, and keep checking that wire back toward the room until you find a spot where you aren't getting power.

Try pressing the reset button on the thermal overload. Ideally that being tripped will kill all the low voltage to the bay, but they aren't always wired that way.