What's new

Need Help Finding Replacement Century AC Motor

BubblesCarWashRH

Reaction score
Hello, I am relatively new to the car wash business. This morning the Century AC Motor on my spot free rinse system overheated and began to smoke. I need to find a replacement motor but I'm not sure what to get (based on my research the motor I have is discontinued). Any help would be appreciated.

unnamed.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I can't find a L56C frame motor. That might be something proprietary to Century. Any 56C motor with the mount foot should work, but it'll have a wiring box on the side instead of an entry point for the conduit on the rear. I use the Dayton 1K081, it's only 3/4 HP but it'll work as long as you aren't running over 250 PSI. I get them from Zoro whenever I have a 20% discount code for an order, part # G0338274.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's twice the price of the Dayton I use.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
That's twice the price of the Dayton I use.
Did the Capital One discount get factored in? What vendor do you use?

Everything is outrageous these days - had a six month old Gould booster pump fail that cost 1200 in March, now 1600. CAT had a suitable replacement for under 1K and their support was outstanding. Still waiting to hear on the warranty claim.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I use the Dayton 1K081, it's only 3/4 HP but it'll work as long as you aren't running over 250 PSI. I get them from Zoro whenever I have a 20% discount code for an order, part # G0338274.
Is that motor paired with or without a flex coupler with ... what kind of specific pump? For re-pressurization to the bays or for forcing through the spot free membrane for the make up RO water over to the make up water tank