What's new

Need advice on 2 step Pre-Soak for LW4000

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'm using Simoniz is Correct, on 1st Pass, then Kleen Track A, on 2nd pass. Not doing a real good job, cutting the road film. Pollen season coming, & I wanna be cleaning them as good as possible.
Any advice ?

Semi-retired

Reaction score
It probably doesn't matter for comparison since I'm in MN.
How much product on a normal car? I'm at 300 ml with 3 seconds delay between with a 15 secon soaking time before hp rinse

WikiWash

Reaction score
I would put the Kleen Track A on first then the correct. Whick Kleen Track A product is it, 1A, 2A, or 3A? Also order a Simoniz Titration kit from Kleen Rite you want to be 15 to 18 drops for your presoak. That same titration kit can be used for your klean track acid soap too bc it is also made by simoniz. I can't recall how many drops you need for the acid (A) but the titration kit will tell you. I would go from there and the titration kits will tell you which way you need to go with your chemistry as far as metering tip size goes. I tried simoniz correct and I was disappointed in its performance plus you lose out on the shipping bc you need to buy a ridiculous amount of correct to get free shipping.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I thought I had read on here, by maybe by RobertRoman, alkaline 1st... acid 2nd...?

WikiWash

Reaction score
I thought I had read on here, by maybe by RobertRoman, alkaline 1st... acid 2nd...?
That is if you are having difficulties producing a dry car. Vehicle surfaces left neutral or acidic dry better than a vehicle that has an alkaline surface. If you use quality soaps with added solvents and your water is soft and have your drying agents dialed in you shouldn't have a problem running low/high or acid/alkalinity

BCWS

Reaction score
From Klean-rite website product description: The strongest and most effective low pH liquid presoak in the Kleen-Track Line. This product is formulated for use as a first-step in a two step Touchless Wash process. Product contains Ammonium Bifloride. You are applying the product incorrectly.

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, proper formatting would be Kleen Track A, followed by Correct..?

soonermajic

Reaction score
But, if it cleans just as good, but breaks & dries better, why not the other way ( Correct --->KT-A)?
This is all so confusing....!

BCWS

Reaction score
But, if it cleans just as good, but breaks & dries better, why not the other way ( Correct --->KT-A)?
This is all so confusing....!
In my experience the way you are doing it will not clean a vehicle very well. You need to purchase a titration kit and check each one of your preasoak ph levels. Also, if you don't use soft water for your presoak applications that will cause cleaning problems. IMHO, breaking and drying should have nothing to do with your soaps.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Vast majority of Texas has to deal with caliche and clay.

Caliche is a limey crusty material usually shot through with rock that dominates western half of Texas. Clay soils dominate the eastern half of the state.

Caliche is sedimentary rock of calcium carbonate (i.e. limestone) that binds other materials such as gravel, sand, clay and silt.

Clay is a fine-grained natural rock or soil material that combines one or more clay minerals with traces of metal oxides and organic matter.

In other words, minerals and sand are primary constituents of road grime in most of Texas unlike here in Florida where oil-based dirt is more common.

Calcium carbonate and clay dissolve in acids (brake dust too) by releasing carbon dioxide. Alkaline works better on oil/organics.

So, generally speaking, acidic would be principal cleaner for touch-less process in TX.

Is two phase cleaning necessary for touchless? Yes, if the wash is located near a lot of asphalt paved roads.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“….breaking and drying should have nothing to do with your soaps.”

This is not necessary correct statement.

For example, in Florida, many c-store/gas retailers with touchless IBA use alkaline soap because it’s most effective on dirt and cheap.

However, like showering with real soft water, it’s hard to rinse off well which affects water beading.

Not problem in Florida because its hot and high incident of solar radiation dries up water fast.

BCWS

Reaction score
I don't see how you're not going to get a car clean with the two presoaks you're using if you apply them in the correct order. If you are still having problems check your water. Water hardness impacts the cleaning ability of the soaps. There are kits you can purchase from Kleen-rite to check this.