What's new

Need a stainless steel enclosure

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I need a stainless steel enclosure to mount in the bays. It must be able to accommodate a credit card swiper and a push button. Access to the backside is needed in order to service and accommodate the swiper and button. The door does not necessarily need to lock, screws (electrical enclosure?) would be fine. Any suggestions?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I was thinking of mounting another meter box. So 2 meter boxes side by side in the bay.

I was going to use an older d&s meter box.... which is smaller. But the size of a single use vacuum is what I believe would be ideal?

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of mounting another meter box. So 2 meter boxes side by side in the bay.

I was going to use an older d&s meter box.... which is smaller. But the size of a single use vacuum is what I believe would be ideal?
I agree, but where do you find them at a reasonable price?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I agree, but where do you find them at a reasonable price?
Well.... I guess you are right. :)

But the boxes I picked up (d&s meter boxes) are not that desirable anymore for bays (everyone wants bill acceptors, etc.). You can sometimes pick them up reasonably? $50-200 with a timer and coin acceptor? Sometimes they are actual a great deal. :)

KR sells a JE Adams box for $250.
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2366-ss-vault-ready-coin-box.aspx

I was thinking these might work also (cover)? But you would have to fab something and it would stick out. $84
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-7625-sec-cover-for-money-box-oval-v.aspx

I was personally trying to use something flush.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Hey Eric wasnt I supposed to get them with all the stuff I got from you??? How but the trash can lids and vending island? I thought you would ship them out to me??!!! HAHAHA.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Hey Eric wasnt I supposed to get them with all the stuff I got from you??? How but the trash can lids and vending island? I thought you would ship them out to me??!!! HAHAHA.
I actually purchased the d&s meter boxes from someone. My Dad actually bulldozed the meter boxes and safes from that location.... I have no clue why? They were Coleman boxes.... which BTW are large and could probably fit the cc acceptor with ease.... the Coleman boxes are also not the most sought after meter boxes either. I have also purchased these boxes in the past.... I love to purchase these when they include the Coleman timers. I actually like Coleman meter boxes though.... I like the snc boxes with the dial pad the best. :)

Believe it or not.... that guy I claimed was going to show up the next day. Actually showed up and purchased all 10 of the trash can lids I had at that storage location, lights and the vending. :) He also was asking if I knew anyone with a pumping station? LOL :)

MEP001

Reaction score
Dralco makes a box with a tilt-out door with an American 2000 lock hidden under the front lip. It's meant for adding a bill acceptor in a bay next to an existing meter box.