What's new

Need 160 Degrees from Winter Wizard But Max 100 Degrees Now?

Carl

Reaction score
I have a Winter Wizard (anti-freeze recirculating system for my Water Wizard 1.0) put into operation the middle of 2003. It's now "misbehaving"!

This is supposed to heat the anti-freeze to 160 degrees but it will only heat to a maximum temperature of 100 degrees now even if I turn the heater's dial all the way up to 250 degrees? I don't think this is a problem w/ a relay. I'm guessing either the heater coil or the thermostat needs replacing? I learned from JCC today that you can't just buy a thermostat from them and that a new unit costs more than $500? :eek:

Anyone had problems like this w/ their Winter Wizard and were you able to fix it or should I just be pleased w/ trouble-free use of this for almost ten years now. :rolleyes: Thanks so much. - Carl

DJGall

Dirty Dawg
Reaction score
I have a Winter Wizard (anti-freeze recirculating system for my Water Wizard 1.0) put into operation the middle of 2003. It's now "misbehaving"!

This is supposed to heat the anti-freeze to 160 degrees but it will only heat to a maximum temperature of 100 degrees now even if I turn the heater's dial all the way up to 250 degrees? I don't think this is a problem w/ a relay. I'm guessing either the heater coil or the thermostat needs replacing? I learned from JCC today that you can't just buy a thermostat from them and that a new unit costs more than $500? :eek:

Anyone had problems like this w/ their Winter Wizard and were you able to fix it or should I just be pleased w/ trouble-free use of this for almost ten years now. :rolleyes: Thanks so much. - Carl
Carl, are you sure the thermostat that is used to turn the "winter wizard" on is constantly calling for more heat?? Does your winter wizard have the small electrical control panel with the door that allows you to access the contactor and relays that turn on the circulator pump and electrical heating element??

If so, use the relay "overide" to turn on the electrical heating element without turning on the circulator pump. That relay should "pull in the contactor" for the heating element indefinately, until the desired heat is achieved by the heating element. The temp is controlled by the thermostat on the end of the heating element. If you cannot bring the temp of the "stagnant" water up to temp, then, you have a heating element problem.

If this doesn't help, let me know, I will give you my cell# and we can walk you through it.

Good luck,D.J.

Carl

Reaction score
Will Try, DJ!

DJ,

Thanks for the help. Will try it out and hopefully it'll give me some answers 'cause I've just been closing up this bay overnight when temps are too cold and it'll be great to get this issue resolved so I can use this bay better throughout the wintertime.

I appreciate it!

Carl