What's new

Nayax- what does this mean?

Etowah

Eric H

Reaction score
What is happening when a Nayax reader shows this message? I know it’s out of service but why? I have a customer that gets this message every few hours. I don’t know enough about Nayax to give him an answer. I suspect it is losing the wifi connection to their network IMG_6398.jpeg

TMoliver

Reaction score
I suspect it is losing the Cell signal connection to the tower.

Eric H

Reaction score
Is this an actual cell signal or is it connecting to the Wifi on the property? I just have the antenna loosely placed in the meter box. I wonder if it would show some improvement if it double side tape it the antenna to the back of the faceplate

DavidM

Reaction score
Nayax uses cellular by default. If signal is an issue, you can purchase a better antenna that can be mounted outside of the box.
There is a signal strength meter in the technician menu that can tell you if you have a weak cellular signal.

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
What is happening when a Nayax reader shows this message? I know it’s out of service but why? I have a customer that gets this message every few hours. I don’t know enough about Nayax to give him an answer. I suspect it is losing the wifi connection to their network View attachment 10721
There are several reasons for this to come up. Sometimes resetting it from Nayax Core will fix it, sometimes you need to reload the parameters. If those don't work, call support and they'll get it back online. Their support has been very good the last few times I have called