What's new

Nayax weak signal

Jim64

Reaction score
I’ll start with the back story and will keep it short as possible. I have 5 self serve carwash bays with Nayax card readers. The first 6 months they operated beautifully and they grew to 50% of my total business. These were setup on Verizon SIM cards. About a month ago they all stopped working abruptly. I went through the gauntlet with tech support and finally they determined that Verizon had changed their service in my area from 4g to 5g and the signals were no longer compatible. They sent me T-Mobile SIM cards and explained that they supported a stronger 4g network. They worked well for one week and now they are 100% not working. Tech support now tells me that my signal is too weak and I need hi-gain antennas to strengthen the signal. I bought the new antennas and am waiting for the delivery. I hope that someone has been down the low signal road and can help me correct this. It’s great when 50% of your business is on cards, it sux when you watch 50% of your business drive away when they don’t work.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can't they also be connected via ethernet? Is that an option for you if they can?

Jim64

Reaction score
I do have internet on site, one of the original draws for me was that I could connect without running additional wiring. Each Nayax unit has its own cell connection, I’m not aware if it can be connected to my existing wifi.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know about wifi, but that would be great. I'm pretty sure they can be connected via cable.

SuperShine

Reaction score
They can be hardwired to internet with the Ethernet adapter cable from Nayax. Remove the sim and reboot to jump to the Ethernet connection.

Jim64

Reaction score
Thank you both for the info. I had no idea but this brings questions obviously, have either of you used this type of connection?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I have mine connected via Ethernet and no antenna installed. They work great that way. You do need the Nayax cable though.

Jim64

Reaction score
After several attempts I was able to get a good read on my credit card. This was 2 days ago And I took a picture of the charges before I hit the stop. Yesterday I showed a pending on my card. When I look at my card activity today the pending charge is gone and the actual charge is not listed. The amount is also not listed on the MOMA website for the bay that was used. I haven’t seen anything like that before and I hope it corrects.

Jim64

Reaction score
Here’s the update on the high gain antennas. I got them all installed. They were combined with the T-mobile SIM cards, these were the ones that were supposed to support the network better than my original Verizon cards And they did for a week. Before the new antennas were installed the units had a signal strength between 10 and 13. After the install they had a signal strength between 12 and 15. They did not boost the signal enough to take a card on a consistent basis, from previous experience the minimum needed is 20 at my location. I was beyond pissed after another week of no service. Then just for the heck of it I put the ”obsolete“ Verizon SIM cards back in and to my surprise got a signal of 22, good enough but barely. So I am back in the CC business and my (LOVE HATE) relationship with Nayax is back on.

Keno

Reaction score
If it were my wash, and I was in your position with 50% CC business, I would get the ethernet adapters and run the lines in a heartbeat. No way I would risk unstable cell reception on 50% off my biz. Especially since you have internet on site already. This is a no brainer to me. Customers may give you benefit of doubt once if the cc down, but twice and you have likely lost a customer for good

Jim64

Reaction score
I’m already heading in that direction. I didn’t know it was possible until this post. Tech support has never mentioned this option. I’d be interested to know what percentage of Nayax users actually are hard wired.

Kevin James

Reaction score
You guys realize that the Nayax, Cantaloupe and the rest of the add on card readers are made for the vending industry and there tech support doesn't know anything about the car wash industry. That's why it sucks so bad.
If you already have internet on site then I'd give up on trying to go with wireless hook up and connect the readers to the internet.

Jim64

Reaction score
I agree 100%. I wish Nayax tech support would have offered hard wiring as an option.