What's new

Nayax voltage

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
What is the allowable voltage requirements for the nayax vpos cc reader my voltage is right around 25.8vac have heard of to much voltage frying the reader just want to make sure before I hook it up

Keno

Reaction score
It says it on the back of the nayax, 24vac is max if I remember right, it can take much higher vdc

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
It says it on the back of the nayax, 24vac is max if I remember right, it can take much higher vdc
That's what I was wondering if anyone has experience connecting one to a slightly higher voltage

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
don't. 24.1 is too much according to their tech people. i had one burn up with 28 volt

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
What is the allowable voltage requirements for the nayax vpos cc reader my voltage is right around 25.8vac have heard of to much voltage frying the reader just want to make sure before I hook it up
Under its load the transformer might have a lower reading? That might be a consideration factor.

You'd think the manufacturer would show an acceptable range on their specifications? Some tech support over the phone etc is better than others ... the techie might be going to a CWA extreme???

Keno

Reaction score
Under its load the transformer might have a lower reading? That might be a consideration factor.

You'd think the manufacturer would show an acceptable range on their specifications? Some tech support over the phone etc is better than others ... the techie might be going to a CWA extreme???
The manufacturer does have those specifications published. The back of the actual unit has the allowable voltages for AC and DC.

I am using a ac/dc converter to be safe on my install.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Thats what I did as well, used a dc converter its running on 12 dc now. We sent back the original unit that i never was able to show any life. There's a good possibility that it may have been faulty from the manufacturer. I was not going to take any chances on the second so we switched to 12 volt dc.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score

Under load voltage drops to 24.5 that's why I'm wondering I wouldn't think a volt and a half would hurt it but I also don't know how sensitive it is either. Wonder if my transformer has any adjustment to it.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Thats what I did as well, used a dc converter its running on 12 dc now. We sent back the original unit that i never was able to show any life. There's a good possibility that it may have been faulty from the manufacturer. I was not going to take any chances on the second so we switched to 12 volt dc.
That's what I will have to do. What converter did you use and how did you wire it? Thank you