What's new

Nayax to LED7 count up

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
So I have a nayax collecting dust after dixmore changed chips in the new led6s. So if a buy a LED7 timer am I able to connect it to my nayax and do count up on cc and still count down on prepay?

Randy

Reaction score
So I have a nayax collecting dust after dixmore changed chips in the new led6s. So if a buy a LED7 timer am I able to connect it to my nayax and do count up on cc and still count down on prepay?
I'd probably call Nick at Dixmor and ask him.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I'd probably call Nick at Dixmor and ask him.
When I email to ask about the led6 they just said that's how the new ones are and they don't know why. They do their testing with cryptopay so that's what they told me they are tested to work with

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the timer from displaying "please insert money" when the nayax is being used as the timer I could see some confusion from the customers I they swipe their card bit see the timer asking for more money

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Here's a possible anti-confusion solution:

The HiLetgo 5-volt module features double throw relay contacts.
Power the LED6 (Orange wire) thru the relay’s N/C contact.
When Nayax activates, the relay switches to the N/O contact and power is removed from the LED6.
When credit card is stopped or times out, the relay switches to the N/C contact and the LED6 will turn back on.

24v Hot transformer power to relay common.
LED6 24 v Hot (Orange) to relay N/C contact.
Parallel the relay N/O contact to LED6 Timed Output (Blue/Black)

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Here's a possible anti-confusion solution:

The HiLetgo 5-volt module features double throw relay contacts.
Power the LED6 (Orange wire) thru the relay’s N/C contact.
When Nayax activates, the relay switches to the N/O contact and power is removed from the LED6.
When credit card is stopped or times out, the relay switches to the N/C contact and the LED6 will turn back on.

24v Hot transformer power to relay common.
LED6 24 v Hot (Orange) to relay N/C contact.
Parallel the relay N/O contact to LED6 Timed Output (Blue/Black)
Ok so it would just turn the LED6 off when the nayax is in use.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Ok so it would just turn the LED6 off when the nayax is in use.
That's correct...in theory.

Old Guy Side Note:
Decades ago, those newfangled digital display coinbox timers used a board-mounted battery to maintain the programmed settings memory.
If the timer's battery was dead and the car wash experienced a power outage...well, timer settings reprogramming was required. ("Where the hell did I put those timer programming instructions?")

Today's display timers have hardened memory. A programmed timer can sit on the spare parts shelf forever and not forget it programmed settings.
So, turning off the 24v power to the timer during credit operation should have no impact.

2nd OGSN:
I've never been informed of customer confusion issues with WashGear equipped sites. WashGear's system parallels the timed output...just like my described Nayax installation. During CC operation the Dixmor, Timemaster, Ginsan, IDX, etc. digital display timers just display their "Idle mode message".

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I just think it might be an issue at our one site due to the nayax and the timer being in a seperate box from the coin meter box 20230312_122922.jpg

Keno

Reaction score
We use the NC side of the relay to power the coin acceptor, so when bay is activated by nayax, the coin acceptor is disabled. I haven't tried turning the timer on and off, but didn't feel comfortable doing that constantly. We haven't had anyone confused, but we have had people try to combine both payment methods, which obviously doesn't work. They get upset, until we point out that there is sign stating that doesn't work.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
LED7 works just fine with Nayax. Does count up CC and does count down with coins or cash. Nayax and LED7 will both show the time used and the Nayax will also show the amount charged at each interval when using CC's.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

HeyVern

Reaction score
LED7 works just fine with Nayax. Does count up CC and does count down with coins or cash. Nayax and LED7 will both show the time used and the Nayax will also show the amount charged at each interval when using CC's.

Thanks,
Lighthouse
Mine show the time used on the Nayax and the dollar amount on the timer.

Keno

Reaction score

Thanks,
Lighthouse
How old are your timers? Old led6 used to work fine too, until they had a electronics redesign in early 2022.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How old are your timers? Old led6 used to work fine too, until they had a electronics redesign in early 2022.
Correct info Keno.

Prior to the "redesign", Dixmor LED6 was the easiest way to install Nayax...
Nayax Pulse wire 1 to LED6 Pin 8 (White/Black wire). Boom, Done!

On the Dixmor LED7...
Pulse wire 1 to LED7 Pin 9 (White/Black). Same Boom, Done!

No interface Opto-coupler relay required.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I talked to dixmore today and they said the LED6 is the only one they changed so the LED7 should still work doesn't sound like they will be changing the LED6 back either

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
...doesn't sound like they will be changing the LED6 back either
That's the story.
Might have something to do with the CryptoPay/Dixmor relationship?
(Rumor and innuendo mode OFF)

Too bad, because I like the LED6 display better.

Keno

Reaction score
That's the story.
Might have something to do with the CryptoPay/Dixmor relationship?
(Rumor and innuendo mode OFF)

Too bad, because I like the LED6 display better.
The relationship is definitely there. I was told directly by dixmor that Cryptopay was the electronics engineering contractor for the new led6. Cryptopay designed the new led6.

Wonder if the nayax pulse settings can be tweaked to work with the new led6? There are a few pulse settings that are adjustable in the nayax.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
The relationship is definitely there. I was told directly by dixmor that Cryptopay was the electronics engineering contractor for the new led6. Cryptopay designed the new led6.

Wonder if the nayax pulse settings can be tweaked to work with the new led6? There are a few pulse settings that are adjustable in the nayax.
I tried changing dwell time for the pulse and was able to get it to work on count up but i could never get it to stop the timer the nayax would stop but the timer never would until I manual opened the pulse circuit from the nayax to the timer

Keno

Reaction score
I would be interested to know what the led6 is looking for to end the count up cycle and if the nayax can replicate it. Would probably need an oscilloscope hooked up to cryptopay if that information isn't available.

I have started bypassing timers for nayax with a relay setup, which I prefer due to not having to replace the existing timers and figure out new timer mounting. But could be useful for people who want led6