What's new

NAYAX Questions

Roz

Reaction score
Thinking of switching from CryptoPay to NAYAX to have chip/tap capabilities without a monster footprint. People who use NAYAX how is the longevity of the machines? The CryptoPay swipers seem to last many years in my experience. Also, do you have a choice of CC processors with NAYAX or are you locked into one monopoly like with CryptoPay?

Reaction score
I went with 2 bays of NAYAX VPOS Touch as a test last year. They're ok, but I'm not converting all my bays over (currently the other 4 are WashGear). I've had to swap a couple bad units, but NAYAX was pretty good about sending me replacements under warranty. I ended up buying a couple extra to have on hand, and it's a very simple swap if there are issues. The best thing about NAYAX is the app and dashboard. Makes it super easy to see how things are going day to day. For payment processing, it's through NAYAX and they make a weekly deposit less fees and it's very transparent. Overall, I'm glad I did a couple bays, but it's more of a "not putting all my eggs in 1 basket" kinda thing. Also, I will NEVER do business with Worldpay, so that ruled out CryptoPay.

Roz

Reaction score
I spoke with another owner who has 40 plus units between his locations (vacs&bays). He replaces about one a month under their warrantee program. Not a great track record given that the CryptoPay swipers seem to last many years. My issue keeping me from an experiment is the cell service requirement. Our service is spotty at best in the area and each unit costs $10 per month for service. We have CAT5 to each box so a bit of wasted money for the service and a risk. Our vacs have small crowded pay boxes too. Sounds like a potentially good product that needs one more revision to be ready for steady bay use. When they allow CAT5 with internet I will test a few units. Thx for the info that confirms what I have learned.

i agree with you about CryptoPay/WorldPay being an unpleasant company to have as a cc processor, expensive and poor customer support but their website control of the swipers is much easier to use than the Nayax. We have an old Nayax (per VPOS) on a mega vendor And their website I find harder to use. Maybe it is me as I have only one machine vs many CryptoPay so I do not spend much time on their system. Would love to replace the CryptoPay swipers, in a heartbeat, when a noticeably better player emerges.

Last edited:

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
My issue keeping me from an experiment is the cell service requirement. Our service is spotty at best in the area and each unit costs $10 per month for service. We have CAT5 to each box so a bit of wasted money for the service and a risk. When they allow CAT5 with internet I will test a few units.
I've installed VPOS Touch readers with CAT5e LAN using Nayax's RJ11 to RJ45 adapters.
Authorizations are super-fast with a network switch and Comcast Business router/modem.

Reactions: Roz