What's new

NAYAX - Monyx Wallet

SoakZone

Reaction score
Hey there,

Does anyone have experience with the Monyx wallet app? I have the NAYAX payment option in each bay, as well as coin for an option (8-wand wash, 6-Truck bays, 1 Touchless) and I'm trying to implement a "loyalty program" for our customers. The company who sold it to us know just a little bit more than we do about Nayax, so they're not too helpful at this point. Nayax has the "training" on their website, but I was looking to see if anyone has "real-world" experience with that program. Thanks!

gpsoma

Reaction score
I am also trying to learn more about this App and would like to know if we can customize the App so that we can add the carwash name, wash packages and logo. If I learn more about it I would share late. Thanks.

Apollo

Reaction score
Hey there,

Does anyone have experience with the Monyx wallet app? I have the NAYAX payment option in each bay, as well as coin for an option (8-wand wash, 6-Truck bays, 1 Touchless) and I'm trying to implement a "loyalty program" for our customers. The company who sold it to us know just a little bit more than we do about Nayax, so they're not too helpful at this point. Nayax has the "training" on their website, but I was looking to see if anyone has "real-world" experience with that program. Thanks!
I am sorry I do not have any experience with it. However, I would appreciate your feed back on your experience using NAYAX credit card system in your self serve bays. I have 6 self serve and 1 automatic and thinking to put either Nayax or Cryptopay credit card systems. Currently it is just by coins. I will appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

SoakZone

Reaction score
We have 15 stations that use NAYAX: 1 touchless, 8-car bays, 6-semi truck bays.

What we've found is that while NAYAX accepts all major cards (Apple Pay & Samsung Pay) there are many times where the customer's card will "fail". At the start it was a NAYAX issue, now it's been narrowed down to the individual banks putting restrictions on their tap limits per day/amounts. Tech support is also somewhat tricky as their main tech support is overseas and sometimes they will release an update (without our knowledge) right in the middle of the day. Then we have a bunch of card read errors/transactions declined and nothing but either a soft or hard reboot of the machine will correct that. There is no option on their devices to input a PIN number which is frustrating for the customer. 9 times out of 10 all their bank requires is for them to verify with their PIN that they are the card holder, but NAYAX doesn't have that option available on their machines. What we have is a CLOVER Flex payment device in our office for the customer to purchase a small item (air freshener, drying towel) in order for them to enter their PIN number and reset their card.

Also, the NAYAX machines do not accept company fleets cards such as ARI, Element, Patterson. We feel we are losing out on a lot of business because of this.

We do have "loyalty cards", and these work very well with the NAYAX system, but it is sort of a process to set the cards up initially.

SoakZone

Reaction score
I am also trying to learn more about this App and would like to know if we can customize the App so that we can add the carwash name, wash packages and logo. If I learn more about it I would share late. Thanks.
You can put your logo on the receipts that you can generate, but that process took some time with their tech support.

cooll903

Reaction score
i have had both and i got rid of nayax and im with cryptopay and only had one card fail unlike the 20-30 a month that would fail with nayax.

JustClean

Reaction score
We've got Nayax in Australia as it is PCI compliant - Cryptopay is still not (as far as I know).
Anyway, my 4 years experience with them is:
Rule #1
Only use features that are necessary to accept cards.
Rule #2
Don't be their guinea pig trying out new features.
Rule #3
Problems: Turn Nayax off for at least 30 seconds.
Rule #4
Pray that Nayax fix their mistakes before implementing new features...(I know it's not going to happen).

MEP001

Reaction score
We've got Nayax in Australia as it is PCI compliant - Cryptopay is still not (as far as I know).
I've been told by Cryptopay that it's compliant because it encrypts the card info when it goes out, and the system doesn't retain any of that info. Evidently that's not entirely accurate because if it can't send the pre-auth out it retains the card info until it can communicate.

OurTown

Reaction score
I've been told by Cryptopay that it's compliant because it encrypts the card info when it goes out, and the system doesn't retain any of that info. Evidently that's not entirely accurate because if it can't send the pre-auth out it retains the card info until it can communicate.

This is the info they have had on their site for years now.

https://www.getcryptopay.com/knowledgebase.php?article=8

cooll903

Reaction score
Anyway, my 4 years experience with them is:
Rule #1
Only use features that are necessary to accept cards.
Rule #2
Don't be their guinea pig trying out new features.
Rule #3
Problems: Turn Nayax off for at least 30 seconds.
Rule #4
Pray that Nayax fix their mistakes before implementing new features...(I know it's not going to happen).
have them lengthen the time it tries to communicate to their servers to 45 seconds. that solved a lot of my issues i had with them. it tries for 25 seconds and after that it fails and the customer never gets charged and gets a free wash.