What's new

Nayax count up

pmullens1985

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a good sign or a PDF of what they hang above their count up on a manual bay so customers know how to hit stop transactions. I am installing my nayax this week and would like some type of instruction so everybody isn’t just leaving with their charges rolling. Appreciate any and all input!

MEP001

Reaction score
The best thing I've done was use a programmable relay to end the transaction when "STOP" is selected on the rotary switch. No sign will solve the problem when people are so stupid they press "STOP" on the label for the rotary switch. Someone has said changing the label to "OFF" helps.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Do you mind I ask how you rigged it so that the stop switch kills the credit card transaction this is my first wash and I’m pretty decent at this stuff but I’m not sure how to do that part

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Nayax, but others have said there are external wires to do this. I've done it with Cryptopay and Hamilton D.A.N. systems.

The ladder relay method uses the second layer of the rotary switch, one wire from the layer that controls the motor and another wire from all the other unused outputs. The ladder program waits for a no-voltage condition and momentarily closes the end circuit.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
but wouldn't that be a problem if they turn the knob the wrong way and quickly turn past the stop selection while washing the car? On my rotary switch stop is at the bottom so if they were at foamy brush and wanted to select rinse or wax they would have to turn the knob clockwise to get to the rinse or wax setting. If they turned the knob counterclockwise they would pass the stop selection on the way and stop the charges on the credit card. I can see this causing more of a potential problem then the customer not pressing the stop button on the Swiper.

I can't expect too much logical manipulation of any of the equipment at the car wash by the customer. After all, people still can't figure out what direction to insert the credit card, or the fact that the bills go in the changer face up.

Derrrrrrrr!

OurTown

Reaction score
but wouldn't that be a problem if they turn the knob the wrong way and quickly turn past the stop selection while washing the car? On my rotary switch stop is at the bottom so if they were at foamy brush and wanted to select rinse or wax they would have to turn the knob clockwise to get to the rinse or wax setting. If they turned the knob counterclockwise they would pass the stop selection on the way and stop the charges on the credit card. I can see this causing more of a potential problem then the customer not pressing the stop button on the Swiper.
You could add a five second (or whatever you want) timer to it.

MEP001

Reaction score
but wouldn't that be a problem if they turn the knob the wrong way and quickly turn past the stop selection while washing the car?
No, part of the ladder program is a delay to prevent that. I've done five seconds.
On my rotary switch stop is at the bottom
Why is stop at the bottom? I always put it at the top and arrange the functions in a recommended use so they can just work around the dial.

kentadel

Reaction score
For what it is worth I have used Nayax as count up for bays and vacs for a couple years. Recently switched to having 4 prices on the Nayax for customers to select and use count down. I won't go back to count up. Customers love it and no worrying about max charge when a customer forgets to turn to the stop position or push the stop button. They choose what they are spending.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, part of the ladder program is a delay to prevent that. I've done five seconds.

Why is stop at the bottom? I always put it at the top and arrange the functions in a recommended use so they can just work around the dial.
Oh OK I understand the program now that makes sense.

As far as my stop position I have no idea that's the way my distributor set it up almost 20 years ago.

MEP001

Reaction score
My bet would be they used Shallco switches which orient with "STOP" at the bottom.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a good sign or a PDF of what they hang above their count up on a manual bay so customers know how to hit stop transactions. I am installing my nayax this week and would like some type of instruction so everybody isn’t just leaving with their charges rolling. Appreciate any and all input!

Attachments

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Nayax, but others have said there are external wires to do this. I've done it with Cryptopay and Hamilton D.A.N. systems.

The ladder relay method uses the second layer of the rotary switch, one wire from the layer that controls the motor and another wire from all the other unused outputs. The ladder program waits for a no-voltage condition and momentarily closes the end circuit.

You can wire the "door open" wire from the nayax to a stop button. It's the light green one. Other side of the stop button is the Gray ground wire and the Dark Brown ground wire. Simple to do. You will have to enable the external stop button parameters on the Nayax from the web portal. I detailed how to do that in the Nayax sticky post.