What's new

Nayax Count Up Wiring

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone who has done this before could video call with me and show me how to wire these nayax readers up.

I have the readers mounted and powered up. Nayax technical support has setup all the pricing and settings. Where I am stuck is where to wire in the green "Pulse 1" wire to? Because I am counting up I am planning on bypassing the timer entirely and sending power straight from the nayax cable to the rotary switch.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Reaction score
On a 8 position rotary switch the common terminals are 11 and 21. On a 10 position it's 10 and 20
Thanks Dan I have a 12 position swith and I believe the wire coming off the 12 o clock position labeled L is the common terminals. Do you believe I could hook into those same terminals? My main concern is hooking something up wrong and burning up a card reader or something.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Thanks Dan I have a 12 position swith and I believe the wire coming off the 12 o clock position labeled L is the common terminals. Do you believe I could hook into those same terminals? My main concern is hooking something up wrong and burning up a card reader or something.
Yup. On the 12 position the "L" is the common terminal

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
What timer are you using?

With Dixmor LED6: Nayax Pulse 1 wire connects to LED6 Pin 8 (White/Black wire).

The LED6 can be programmed to display Count Up in money spent (like a gas pump) or elapsed time.

Reaction score
What timer are you using?

With Dixmor LED6: Nayax Pulse 1 wire connects to LED6 Pin 8 (White/Black wire).

The LED6 can be programmed to display Count Up in money spent (like a gas pump) or elapsed time.
I actually have LED7’s. The problem I am getting now trying to run through the timer is that it displays “COIN” when reader is activated.

MEP001

Reaction score
The problem I am getting now trying to run through the timer is that it displays “COIN” when reader is activated.
Because when the Nayax activates, it's closing the coin pulse circuit. You have it connected to the coin circuit instead of the input to the switch.

DavidM

Reaction score
You should be able to connect the green wire to the white/black wire on the LED7, no need to bypass the timer. That is how I have been wiring Nayax to Dixmor timers.

Reaction score
You should be able to connect the green wire to the white/black wire on the LED7, no need to bypass the timer. That is how I have been wiring Nayax to Dixmor timers.
David I am surprised at how simple the issue was. green wire to white/black wire which is the timed load in. It worked perfect for 3 of my 4 machines. For some reason one of the machines does not recognize any input when nayax is activated. Any idea as to why?

I was getting so much feedback and info about needing a relay and using a transformer but in the end I just needed to be wired correctly.

MEP001

Reaction score
David I am surprised at how simple the issue was. green wire to white/black wire which is the timed load in. It worked perfect for 3 of my 4 machines. For some reason one of the machines does not recognize any input when nayax is activated. Any idea as to why?
The LED7 harness has the white w/black stripe for CC count-up. The LED3 harness has a wire that loops out from terminal 8 and back in to terminal 9. If it's now working count-up, you have a LED7 timer in a LED3 case.

DavidM

Reaction score
Is it possible that you have the red and black power wires reversed on the one that isn't working?
The Nayax would still power on but would not be able to close the timed hot circuit

Last edited:

Carwashking

Reaction score
I purchased a single unit to play with on my work bench. I use a LED 6 and wish someone would post pictures of your wiring diagram.
Overall how does everyone like this credit card reader?

DavidM

Reaction score
I purchased a single unit to play with on my work bench. I use a LED 6 and wish someone would post pictures of your wiring diagram.
Overall how does everyone like this credit card reader?
On the Nayax, you need their pulse cable. Assuming you have that, the 2 red and 2 black wires go to your 24v power supply (both reds together and both blacks together) the green (Pulse 1) goes to the white black wire on the Led6 or Led7
The rest of the Nayax wires are unused.

David

ian486

Reaction score
We have older Dixmor 2000 timers, dont think they have the CC count up. We are using a relay and wiring the rotary switch. But if theres another way to do it on the older timers I am open to it! My next project though is to get cash counting to work. I am going to try Pulse 2 cable wired to the coin acceptor.

MEP001

Reaction score
We have older Dixmor 2000 timers, dont think they have the CC count up. We are using a relay and wiring the rotary switch. But if theres another way to do it on the older timers I am open to it! My next project though is to get cash counting to work. I am going to try Pulse 2 cable wired to the coin acceptor.
Another way to do what with older timers?

RyRu

Reaction score
Will the Nayax work with the Dixmor 2000 series timers? Does anyone have wiring for them?

MEP001

Reaction score
Count Up without a relay device in the bays or vacuums.
I would recommend upgrading your timers so you can run count-up and display the time. Otherwise, you need a relay device to keep the timed load off the Nayax unit.

CaleCarWash

Reaction score
Is it possible to still bypass a timer though? Can we just send the power straight to the rotary switch?