What's new

Nayax CC installation

cjc118

Reaction score
Hello,
Just purchased a Nayax CC unit for my wash and am having some difficulty in getting the information to wire up to my existing car wash wiring. I have an old wash with mechanical dial to select functions. Everything runs on 24vac direct. The coin mechs activates the timer sending 24vac to the dial to select various functions and run motors starters and chemical solenoids.
I would like the set the Nayax unit to run in the count up mode, and I was hoping that I could wire it directly to supply the 24vac to selector dial in parallel with the coin timer output, however, in the instructions that I got from the Nayax tech support, is that the output is some type of transister type grounding output - needs a dc circuit which is grounded when activated by the CC payment.
Anyone have a similar set up to me and how did you solve this problem? Is there an alternate solution wiring wise that would offer some type of dry contact type set up to run as I imagine? I really only know what 4 wires do as there are no identifiers as to what wired are wired to in the unit, just the mention of 24 ac/dc power and ground, and pulse and ground outputs.
Nayax tech support didn't seem to have a great deal of knowledge in this area, and I would like to get it up and running asap.
Thanks
Corey

Randy

Reaction score
Corey, Which Nayax CC system are you trying to install? What kind of timer are you using? The problem with the Nayax and the USA Technologies systems is they are designed for the vending industry which uses 24-30 volt DC voltage and a MDB protocol. We had successfully installed a USA Technologies card reader on a bill changer. If you figure it out come back and let everyone know what you had to do to make it work.

L

loewem

I was able to install a nayax reader along side my ss meter box. I still have a little tweaking to do, but it is working well. The way that it is going to work in the end is....customer swipes card for $5 charge. Timer counts up to the amount of time for $5. Timer continues to count up until the customer hits the end transaction button or the maximum charge amount is reached. Not sure what amount I am going to set the maximum charge at. Will probably start with $12 and tweak it from there.

I worked with a company in Florida that made me a microcontroller that allows communication of pulses between the nayax reader and the coin mech. The company made it easy for me to set up. They took the communication cable for the nayax reader and wired it to the microcontroller and wired in a 12 volt power supply connection. They provided me with a plug-in 12 volt power supply. I had to run a 110 power line into my credit card box to plug the power supply into and I had to run two communication wires from my meter box to to the credit card box. One wire for common and one wire for the coin pulse...to the microcontroller. I used category 5 ethernet cable as it was easier to pull cable rather than individual wires. Then I just used two of the wires in the Cat 5 cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdessaOClwI is a video of my final installation.

I bought the credit card box from zoro. https://www.zoro.com/wiegmann-enclosure-metallc-8inh-x-8inw-x-6ind-n1c080806/i/G1750235/

I also bought a keyed lock for the box from zoro. https://www.zoro.com/wiegmann-lock-cylinder-nema-1-wal12b/i/G3471237/

The company that I dealt with is XCP Corporation. http://xcpcorp.com/. Talk to Darrell Rademacher.

I'm working on installing seven readers in all. A centrally located reader will allow credit acceptance for tokens, vacs, vending machine, maybe soda machine, air machine and pre-paid cards. I've got the tokens working and playing with the pre-paid cards and vacs. I'll post an update when I get further along.

Centrally located reader picture View attachment 1065

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Apparently the box from Zoro is installed away from any moisture .... since it is made out of carbon steel???

L

loewem

Apparently the box from Zoro is installed away from any moisture .... since it is made out of carbon steel???
It is located in a self-service car wash bay, so no it isn't located away from moisture. It it ANSI 61 Polyester Powder coated which is resistant to chemicals and corrosion.