What's new

My Ryko OHD wants to be a Washworld

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I came back from lunch to find my Ryko OHD sitting at the front of the bay with the arm facing the coinbox so I decided just to put the unit back at home and everything should be OK well when I goto switch it back to "open car wash" it says the unit is not home code 33 but it is so after checking my inputs I find that having the arm facing like a Laser or a Washworld parked at home is the only way it will will say it's home, it's out of operation now till I figure out how to turn the arm so it's facing the passenger side of the vehicle I even changed the D timers no luck.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well further inspection shows the straight swivel has gone out on top of the machine yippee causing the target plate to shift anybody want to come help replace a swivel I will buy you a ice cream cone afterwards???

vinh

Reaction score
I did that last year. Took a whole day because noone showed me how. Now it is quit simple. Need 2 person. you need two big adjustable wrench 18 inch. If my memory serve me right.

First take the panels off the machine so you have room to work. Move the arm to face the exit door. In your case turn another 180 degree.

1) Disconnect presoak hoses and high pressure hose from top. ( this was harder than I expected)
2) Drop the prox plate. (use hex wrench) remember the position of the prox plate in relation to arm. In my case if I have arm facing exit door, the hex screw to drop the prox plate is in the back (at 6 oclock looking top down).
3) Using the two adjustable wrench, hold the big bushing below the swivel steady, while turning the swivel counter clockwise off the bushing. be careful not to turn the bushing because you can damage the gearbox.
4) once swivel is off, it come off from the top off machine. It slide off a long presoak shaft that is part of T weldment with an O ring (that might need replacement).
5) Bring the swivel with top attachments down from machine
5) Take the top attachments off from the top of swivel and put new swivel back in reverse order.

I like banana split.

vinh

Reaction score
I bought mine from carwashconsignment for 40% less than ryko.

ibspuds

Reaction score
Hey Diamond,
With Ryko's restructuring, I think they now pay you to come out and replace it. HE HE HE....

vinh

Reaction score
The swivel I bought from astromatic is a super swivel and it list for $249. My ryko quoted me $329.

Diamond if you have trouble finding the part, let me know, I have a working used swivel I can send you. I bought a used OHD for parts a year ago. Might not be worth the larbor and risk of failure in the future, to install a used swivel. Let me know.