What's new

My Rant

mmurra

Reaction score
What about the lady who drives in the exit end of the automatic and wonders why it wont start or the lady who pays and then drives thru the automatic without stopping or the guy who drives thru the tunnel at 50 mph with me riding on the back deck pounding the window, screaming "put it in NEUTRAL !!!!

45 years in the carwash business, Earl, I propose that a special class of idiots are those of us who continue to hope that customers will wake up today being smart or respectful or even half human, we who continue to bust our asses to provide a wonderful experience to idiots who do not deserve our services at twice the price, which is what we should be charging them all along.

Thanks for a great laugh at myself! Mark

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Looking at those emails with the Walmart regulars and realize that they not only vote but they use our washes, that explains why God had to make breathing automatic or they would all die.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Don't forget the people that drive over the tredle plate with their front tires and then stop with their back tires on the plate with half of their car outside of the bay. They then complain loudly that they got only 1/2 of their wash when it quit!

carwash11147

Reaction score
Don't forget the people that drive over the tredle plate with their front tires and then stop with their back tires on the plate with half of their car outside of the bay. They then complain loudly that they got only 1/2 of their wash when it quit!
Had that happen a number of times and always laugh and shake my head every time.

MEP001

Reaction score
jimbeaux said:
I had one kid straddle the treadle and drag the left arm across his hood, and when I went out to check on why the machine hadn't started yet he asked "Why didn't it come on?" He started to back out to pull back in straight and the bottom of the arm caught the hood - if I hadn't been there to stop him he would've done some real damage.

JustClean

Reaction score
That's my favorite: Customer can't get through the fixed height restriction of the IBA, so he goes to the exit and backs up his truck - hitting the machine.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
After not washing your car all winter, please feel free to complain that we did not fully detail your vehicle for $20 and then proceed to verbally abuse my staff and then tell me to "take this carwash and shove it!" when I offer my assistance and try and accomidate you by giving you 3 days to come back when you say you don't have time. Don't forget to make me look like the bad guy when I tell you that you can't talk to people like that.

Secondly... I've never understood the logic in how some people insist that a scratch they find on their vehicle is "fresh" on the basis that the scratch is clean after just coming out of a carwash.... :rolleyes: Even have had people try this after I point out that it is so deep that rust is already forming in it...

</rant>

Thanks for listening :)

rghyska

Reaction score
Don't forget the drywall guys or the paint crew who use the self serve bay as their own clean up site. I love it when paint covers my walls and the sea foam green paint goes soooo well with my red building.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Here is the latest.... I hear a spray can rattling while I am emptying trash. I see a kid with a primered late model Mustang painting the front bumper of his car.
Me- Hey this isn't a good place to do that.
Him- Why not?
Me- Because it's a car WASH
Him- Yeah I know, I washed it before I started painting
Me- I don't want you painting here
Him- Where am I supposed to go?
Me- Don't you have somewhere to go?
Him- No. Where am I supposed to do this at?
Me- I DON'T CARE JUST DON'T DO IT HERE
He grumbles and gets in his car revs it up peels out pulls out on street and peels out again.
I think I might have violated his rights by not letting him use the wash to paint his car.

jprb

Reaction score
Randy, I have many car wash videos and photos labeled with similar names as yours! My favorite being "Idiot stuck in wash"!

It never ends. This is what’s happened in the last 2 days

I love the guys who think there marking their turf by ****ing all over the back door.

Or the guy who tried his dog to the fence and then thought it was OK for the dog to crap in the parking lot.

Or the people who think that the Car Was is a transfer site for the dump and they backup to the dumpster when we are still there and want to clean out the back of the pick-up and get offended when we run them off.

This is the best one this week. The guy who absolutely had to retrieve the bag of priceless items from the bed of his truck in the automatic bay, when the equipment is running. When “T” bar hit his door it blew out his window and sprung his door. He had the nerve to ask us for our insurance information.

soapy

Reaction score
Hamilton Tokenotes... A guy a bought 10 tokenotes from me and is down to his last one and can't get it to work. I go out and say insert it with the black stripe up ( this is the only way they will work). He said " I have never done it that way before and how is he to know that" I point out that the tokenote says in 5 places which side to insert up.