What's new

My pre soak soap is just spitting air.

Etowah

Rookie68

Reaction score
Ahhh this all sounds so familiar (https://www.carwashforum.com/threads/chasing-gremlins-need-your-thoughts-please.20837/#post-170026)

Here are some quick thoughts and if you read the thread i linked you may find some of the same issues. Sadly my presoak is chem only however i was having a "dead heading" issue on the product side. it would work then just stop. few questions (sorry if you already answered)

When the product stops is the product pump still pumping?
have you pulled the product line from the sel when it stops flowing? making sure product is coming out of the sel.
your new sel block did you replace the product side or the air side.
have you checked that your getting signal to both air and prod sels when called? and when it stops working.

Long story short what i would do is for sure swap your air sel block for your new one (or a new one the rust can be an issue) and i can see the corrosion on the wiring connection points very Cleary. this can cause intermittent connection issues in the sel's and also short out your jumped common. (this was my issue) the wiring was broken inside itself from corrosion and causing the common to short it self causing the sel so stick open/closed, so the pump would run however the sel wasn't open. or was open jusstttttt enough to let some fluid pass through to keep the pump running after it was shut off.

also test your wires, if not just replacing the connections. look for continuity issues to rule out that. start with a new sel bank and see if that helps.

:)
I have not put the new selenoid block on yet.
Partly because I need a few more pieces and partly becuase I am terrified of the wiring.
I am pretty sure it is the seleonoid Block. I know there is air to it as I took it apart and tested today.
Thank you for your help.

Rookie68

Reaction score
Pour some soap in the "tank" and see if it quits sputtering. It looks like there isn't enough chemical.
Hydrominder works. When I pull on the chain to simulate bucket being empty it pulls both water and soap and fills bucket.
motor works. When I took it all apart and put it back together the motor turned on to get up to pressure and then turned off.

Monte

Reaction score
Have you bypassed the solenoid and turned everything on ....that is how you prove your theory, before you change out a perfectly good solenoid....

MEP001

Reaction score
Hydrominder works. When I pull on the chain to simulate bucket being empty it pulls both water and soap and fills bucket.
You soap is diluted to nothing. That's why it sputters. Open a fresh pail of soap and pour about 1/2 cup into the "tank" and try it again.