What's new

My new signage

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I recently did this with my menu signage and faceplates. Thank you Tom Hoffman for the "steps" idea. I took a somewhat whimsical approach to the menu signage. It seems to hold the customers attention. I built this wash 25 years ago. Those are the original coinboxes.

Shane

Reaction score
Wow, those look really nice. I'll have to stop by to see those in person :D. Did you have those made locally? I have most our stuff made at FastSigns on Westnedge. I think the coin boxes look nicer than the standard decals.

Shane

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Wow, those look really nice. I'll have to stop by to see those in person :D. Did you have those made locally? I have most our stuff made at FastSigns on Westnedge. I think the coin boxes look nicer than the standard decals.

Shane
My daughter does graphic art/website design for a living. She does all the design/layout work for me. She grew up around the carwash industry and worked several years as my business/marketing manager before I sold out my tunnels and weaned down to my single location. Here is her website http://www.colorsplashstudio.com

After she provides me with the design file in the appropriate format I take the files to various printers depending on what I need. It so happens I did use FastSigns for the face plate decals. I had to work with them a bit to get the material I wanted. They also did those sign panels over my vac islands (my daughters design again).
For the past few years I have been using http://www.buildasign.com
for my aluminum signage and a few decals throughout the wash. Their stuff has held up surprisingly well. Those price signs above the coinboxes in my pictures are 3 years old. They look like new. I have a couple of their signs at the entrance to my IBA that face due south into the sun and there has been no fading in 3 years.Those were a simple but attractive sign that I designed right on their website. As for those menu signs in my pictures, I simply uploaded the design file my daughter did for me and had them make the aluminum sign for me. Those menu signs only cost me about $35 each for them to print and deliver!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Look great Ric! Have you decided on what you are going to do about your meterboxes? From the new decals, it looks like you will be holding on to them for a while.

Etowah

dusovt

Reaction score
Ric -

Ahh, must be nice to have that talent in the family. She did a great job!

-chris-

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Look great Ric! Have you decided on what you are going to do about your meterboxes? From the new decals, it looks like you will be holding on to them for a while.
I think I am going to try and install one of Etowah Valley's timers in my existing boxes. They fit the same footprint as my Dixmor displays. Depth may be the only issue. It will be close, but I could cut out some if the back wall of the box if needed. I (my daughter) will design a sign to go next to the coinbox in which I will incorporate the card swiper.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Sounds great Ric. I think you will be really happy with Jim's system. I might have to give your daughter a call and see if she can make me up some signs for my bays. Your webiste is first rate, did you do it yourself?

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Sounds great Ric. I think you will be really happy with Jim's system. I might have to give your daughter a call and see if she can make me up some signs for my bays. Your webiste is first rate, did you do it yourself?
My daughter did my website also. That's what her business is. If you want to see an awesome website check her's out http://www.colorsplashstudio.com

MEP001

Reaction score
Go to Adobe.com and make sure your Flash player is up to date.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Ric,
Who did the faceplate labels for your newly designed meter boxes? They look great. I am looking to design a new faceplate for a dog wash that I just opened and need a new lable for the meterbox that will hold up.
Thanks,
Buzzie

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Sorry Ric,
Just noticed that Fastsigns did the face plates. Do you know what material you used?
Buzzie

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Sorry Ric,
Just noticed that Fastsigns did the face plates. Do you know what material you used?
Buzzie
It was some sort of laminate which they adhere to they vinyl. You'd have to ask around. They were inexpensive at about 8 bucks apiece. I just provided them with the design file in the format that they requested. It has been a brutal winter on them but they are holding up great and still look like new.